9 6

song rec : those days (rini & zuhair)

janelle doesn't pay any mind to the chaos happening around her- too busy looking down at her cell phone with the faintest of smiles playing on her glossed lips. she's reading over the group chat between herself and her friend group back home. not quite sure why, but she was suddenly missing them horribly. maybe because of the spontaneous hangouts she was missing. or the sudden inside jokes she was none the wiser of. and although they tried to keep her included as much as they possibly could the girl still felt it and that alone sucked.

scrolling away on her phone, she doesn't notice when a head is suddenly placed on her shoulder. it takes for the person to tap her knee for her to finally look up. when she does, she peers over to see none other than ryuji. her pouted lips peel into a large dimpled smile. the other pokes her cheek mirroring her.

"hey cutie."

"hey bae." janelle shifts in her spot slightly to allow the girl to comfortably rest her head on her shoulder once more. when she does jae begins speaking again. "how are you?"

"i'm doing okay, ready to take my ass home though for real."

"say it louder.. please." janelle agrees with a deadpan. her eyes peer up to the group before her. and she watches silently as they goof off with one another.

"i heard jungkook picks you up some days." ryuji suddenly says. jae turns her head just a bit to look at the girl, but she only gets the view of the top of her head. she nods to herself more than for the other.

"yeah, practice ends late sometimes and he prefers to take me home when he can..."

"i wouldn't expect anything less from him." although janelle can't see the other's face clearly she can hear the smile in her voice.

"ryuji?"

"hm?"

"do you like him?" janelle's voice was clear and soft, surprised though ryuji lifts her head to meet the curly head's eyes.

"who?" janelle tilts her head upon hearing the question- almost as if silently asking 'really?' with just her face alone.

"who else girl?"

there is a long pause- janelle couldn't help but wonder if she'd made the atmosphere weird for the other by suddenly calling her out the way she did. but she couldn't lie to herself and she knew that her curiosity could get the better of her sometimes.

"..... maybe?...yes?"

"oh c'mon."

"okay yes...! i do. now hush."

janelle chuckles, allowing the giddy smile to remain on her face. "i know."

"huh?"

"i said.. i know."

"how do you know?" ryuji asks with a look of horror written on her features.

"i have my ways." she comments with a knowing smile, but then it falls and she suddenly looks serious. "you didn't tell him that though."