6 7

( beg. a /n : ik i've already made a playlist for this story on spotify- so i'll just add an *asterisk* by the titles of songs i think suit the chapter when i write them- if you don't see a song at the beg. of a chapter you can choose any song as you wish / as well as those with no asterisk- they're interchangeable bc it just means i was vibin AGH hope this makes sense)

** song rec : your dog loves you (colde ft. crush)
** song rec : sweet love (crush)

janelle stepped out of the elevator with a quiet breath of relief. now within her apartment complex she could relax a bit. her feet ached uncomfortably from the long hours in practice not including what felt like the most excruciatingly long jog home.

she had to find some way to rid of the unwanted thoughts of today's dance class, and well to her running would surely do the job. except it didn't, it only left her even more exhausted than before.

as she turns the corner of the hallway, she begins walking towards her unit. her heads falls forward a bit, so that her gaze is entirely trained on the rich grey carpeting. and her shoes drag with each step. distracted she doesn't notice the other presence in the narrow hall, continuing onward, but when her shoulder hits against something she lifts her gaze. across from the girl is her neighbor - dejun.. or xiaojun she could never quite decide which to call him.

"oh hey" the boy smiles down at her, with crinkled eyes and she returns it kindly.

"wassup"

"long day?" he questions with curious eyes. janelle tilts her head to the side slightly.

".. how'd you know?" and he chuckles.

"mm great guess.." he huffs, but leans in an inch or so more to whisper, "well really.. it's written all over your face." he finishes.

"righttt.." she hums while blinking. "i went for a run.. big mistake"

"why?"

"i do a lot of things but baby.. running ain't one of them."

she misses the tinge of pink that kisses his cheeks at the word 'baby' slipping from her lips; despite the innocence behind it.

".. huh.. i usually run around this area all the time"

"of course you do.. you definitely seem like the type." janelle nods her head along with her words.

"the type?" he asks, confusion swimming in his brown eyes.

"athletic i mean..."

he gives a light hearted chuckle, because in all actuality the young girl wasn't far off. he did involve himself in many extracurriculars and doing various sports was a majority of them.

"where are you headed anyway?" she looks up to him, while he places his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"going to pick up some food right now before a couple friends come over."

"oh don't tell me.. hendery?"

he laughs at this, nodding his head. "yup and yang yang too"

"yang yang is one of the funniest motherfuckers i've ever met."

"shh - don't tell him that shit- he'll take it and run"and the girl laughs.

"well i won't hold you" she voices with a small grin lifting the corners of her tinted lips. "have fun ... dejun"

"xiaojun" he corrects and she breathes out a short laugh.

"i promise i'll get it... eventually."

"see you later" he smiles.