9 1

song rec : as it was *slowed (harry styles)

janelle let's the hoard of blankets and heavy comforter envelop her body. the small girl basks in its warmth and welcoming scent. an aroma always of rich vanilla paired with some sort of lavender. she snuggles deeper, in a state of content finally being back home otherwise known as her safe haven. her mind travels, slowly drifting to the memories she'd made on the brief trip. specifically everything that happened the morning of the teens' departure.

|

after breakfast everyone quickly dispersed- each on their own to pack their belongings. janelle walked into one of the rooms, alerting the boys of her presence with a mere pop of her gum. niki, mark, jay and sunghoon all peer up at her as she offers a soft smile veering her focus to her duffel bag in the corner.

only hers' and sunghoon's bags were in this room, so the girl figured the other boys were just there to keep him company. she settles herself comfortably, beginning to organize her things.

"thanks jae for breakfast. it was great!" mark says sweetly, a smile to match on his face.

she chuckles, "i'm glad you liked it." the group of boys fall into a light conversation with the girl, but she is quick to notice that sunghoon is contributing even less than usual. she can't help her eyes from peeking over at him throughout the conversation.

"haven't heard a single complaint from you today park." jae starts, "i'm pleasantly surprised." she jokes. he offers a meek grin, that is nowhere near close to reaching his eyes. it doesn't even come close to the bright smile he'd just given niki not two minutes earlier. the girl's smile falters the tiniest bit but she pays it no mind. "oh no come back?"

"not really no." he responds diverting his gaze from her to the backpack in front of him. the others take notice of the heavy tension sitting in the air. clearing their throats in discomfort. while janelle could feign confidence all day, one thing she couldn't do was surpass a situation of awkwardness. she was an awkward individual herself. and so her brain shut down. she didn't have another joke or clever rebuttal. so she blinked and then blinked again; swallowing the sudden lump in her throat.

her brain immediately asking if the raven-haired boy was upset with her? and what reason could he possibly have to be upset about? her teeth trap her bottom lip and she begins biting it anxiously. after a moment her shifting eyes meet jake's. and the frown on his face tells her instantly that he too has no clue what's bothering the other. the girl keeps the sigh from escaping her, and straightens in her spot.

she catches the attention of the other two, raising her brows and they nod.

"wait a fucking minute didn't heeseung hyung say he'd make bungeoppang before we left?"

"you're just now remembering that niki?"

"bro it's the last day" jake comments with a shake of his head.

"and? i want my bungeoppang." niki replies jumping to his feet. "let's go hoe" he says, grabbing mark by his collar and jake by the hood of his jacket- pulling them straight out the door. but jae didn't miss the small smile of reassurance he threw her way as he shuffled past.

|

sunghoon watched as they left with slightly widened eyes. his eyes eventually met deep brown ones staring back at him. the emotion behind them he wasn't sure. so he finally let himself look over the entirety of the girl's face. she was frowning; lips tucked in a small pout and her eyebrows were heavily furrowed. but then she looks away, continuing her task of putting her clothes and other possessions away. he keeps staring, and maybe it's for a minute too long, because her small hands stop moving and she sighs deeply.