5 6

song rec : dimple *instrumental* (BTS)

the blaring of the alarm startled the girl awake. her hand flying to stop the incessant ringing of the small clock. her tired eyes fluttered open slowly adjusting to the bit of light filtering in through the windows. lying on her back her gaze immediately met the ceiling. and displayed across it was the time - it read 7:10 am. definitely time for her to get up and start her day.

she'd spent the previous day hanging out with jin. they hadn't parted until the wee hours of night. the boy insisting he get her home for "she needed her rest"

and maybe he was right. after a moment of lying still beneath her warm sheets, she didn't feel nearly as tired as she normally would. this she was grateful for, because the day ahead of her would be long and tiring for sure.

she climbed out of the bed, trudging down the loft's steps to begin her usual morning routine; a soft sigh leaving her.

|

the girl walked through the crowded hall always surprised by how many students showed up so early. she herself only managed to make it on time considering the short distance the school resided from her home.

with her bag slung over her shoulder, she reached into one of its pockets, retrieving her headphones. her eyes searched amongst the heads in wonder of any familiar faces- so far none.

music on, gaze forward she stepped up to her locker- fingers moving automatically clicking in the short code to unlock it.

the girl hummed to the soft tune filtering around her, while she shuffled through her bag separating the notebooks; deciding which of them would be needed. just as she finished, zipping the bag closed a hand smacked the space beside her. her shoulders jolted in shock and she shut the door glaring daggers at the person beside her.

she was met with the coy smile of choi beomgyu, beside him was yeonjun and haechan. she moved her headphones back just enough so she could hear them.

"where'd you heathens come from?" she mumbled, and they chuckled at her sour expression.

"scared you?" came haechan and she flipped him off playfully.

"I thought I had the energy for this but clearly I don't" she whined, pushing a few books further into the small locker.

"awe don't be such a baby you took a whole day off" beomgyu remarked, ruffling her hair and she groaned.

"so did you bitch"

"okay and look at me" he responded. she placed her hand on his shoulder, pushing him back slightly.

"exactly. look. at. you" brown eyes raking down the boy's form. when the other two laughed, janelle finally let her eyes shift to yeonjun. he was smiling over at her. surely while she hadn't been looking but when their eyes locked he didn't shy away.

"don't tell me you're still hungover?" he asked, tilting his head with pursed lips.

"still? I never was.. just sleepy"

"so jaeee"

"hm?"

"have you spoken to sunghoon?" haechan's voice rang out playfully, and janelle's head turned a bit to look at him,

"no? why?"

"ahh no reason" he replied, smirk evident upon his and beomgyu's faces. the girl brushed past them; waving her hand dismissively.

"I aint got time for y'all I have a class to attend"

"baby we got the same class you aint goin nowhere"

janelle hadn't noticed yeonjun's expression - but maybe it didn't matter for it was impassive as always.

as the group of four walked towards their class, janelle ended up beside yeonjun on the way. while her beomgyu and haechan talked about their day off, she realized the latter wasn't contributing much to the conversation. so she peeked at him.

"what about you yeonie? what'd you do?"

"yea what'd you do yeoniiie?" beomgyu teased, and janelle slapped his shoulder.

"childish ass" before looking back to the boy next to her. "..well"

"just writing pretty much, yoongi hyung let me go down to his studio"

"you got to go to yoongi hyung's studio??? luckyyy" beomgyu whined and haechan pat his head.

"what about you jae?"

"hung out with jin" and he nodded his head in understanding "wait a damn minute where's mark??.. come to think of it his ass wasn't at the party either" she spoke up suddenly, her full lips falling into a small frown.

"homeboy got grounded" haechan laughed.

"for what?" came janelle and beomgyu, before they turned to one another odd expressions taking over their faces.

"got caught smoking weed"

"damn.. how you not only smoking weed in your parents house but wild enough to get caught too... unbelievable." yeonjun commented, tugging the strap of his backpack. janelle looked over at him dipping her chin in agreement.

"nah for real though"

"and worse he tried to lie about it" haechan continued his laugh growing louder at the thought.

"that boy can't lie for shit though" beomgyu stated and haechan clapped his hands.

"that part"

"A for effort I guess" janelle chuckled and yeonjun shook his head.

|

the friends entered the class, completely distracted by their conversation when a voice rang out.

"hey hoes" it was mark.

he waved cutely, smile on his face as they neared him. janelle pouted as she walked up to his desk, and the boy's arms opened waiting for her embrace. just as she pulled away from their hug she pinched his side and he yelped.

"your dumbass got grounded and missed the party.. I missed you bum" she scolded.

"yeah and I was so upset when I missed your... oh wait you never called." he retorted, giving the girl a bored expression and she rolled her eyes.

"don't turn this around on me" the girl defended, taking the seat in front him, the others sitting close by and yeonjun beside her.

"whatever .. they left me off with a warning" he laughed, "being it my first and last time ya know?" knowing smile on his face.

haechan leaned over just as yeonjun did, the boys eyeing mark expectantly and he shrugged his shoulders. they looked from one another- and back to him,

"you're going straight to hell"