4 0 0

song rec : peach eyes (wave to earth)

janelle walks away, hand adjusting her bag when she hears footsteps quickly pattering against the ground. she turns her head, tilting it when she sees jungwon. she stops, allowing the boy to catch up. he huffs as his feet come to a halt.

"you didn't even run that far." she teases with a smile and he rolls his eyes.

"I got tired knowing how tired I was going to get."

"you're like me for real." she laughs and the boy smiles. "what's up?"

"can I walk with you?" he asks, and her brows furrow in what must be confusion.

"sure? but I... well.. why?" she asks as her lips thin.

"oh! im going to the coffee shop just underneath your apartment."

really! oh okay, but isn't binoo's closer?" she wonders aloud and he chuckles at the lost expression on her face.

"yeah, but I want to go that one for a specific reason."

"your responses are so vague like its a secret. what are you hiding jungwon?"

he laughs at this and shakes his head. "there's no secret. i'm getting doughnuts for my grandma." he explains and the girl's eyes widen.

"you're visiting your grandma?!"

"actually she's visiting me." he chuckles with a nod, jae smiles all the same though. "I told her if she came I'd show her around the city and let her try the best doughnuts in seoul." jungwon's smile is cute as he stares back at her.

" i'm proud of you..." she says, touching his wrist lightly- unaware of its effect on the boy. "but I doubt the coffee shop beneath my apartment makes the best doughnuts wonie."

"they do, i stand by it."

"really? and why are they the best in seoul?"

'i got to try them with you.' he thought initially but as he looks at her he knows there's no way he can actually say something like that.

"because..... they just are okay. its something about that devil's chocolate I don't know."

" I heard one of my neighbors say they put crack in the frosting." she counters with a serious look and jungwon's small grin falls. "i'm just messing with you! oh my gosh jungwon- come on."

- a little earlier -

the group said their goodbyes to the girl and continued talking amongst themselves, in hopes of finalizing their plans to hangout.

"why don't we just go to an arcade?" heeseung suggests for the third time. and for the third time sunoo says,

"because we always go to the arcade."

"I mean it is spring break. maybe we should try something new." jake adds, looking at heeseung.

"I don't see you guys coming up with anything." he says in exasperation.

"i'm starting to realize how predictable we all are." jay says.

"by predictable do you mean boring?" niki asks.

"boring? im not boring bitch-" sunoo snaps and niki rolls his eyes.

"I wasn't even talking to you sunoo-"

jay turns to jungwon to see the boy's distant expression, like he was thinking about something.

"what about you wonie? any ideas?" the younger's head shoots up and his eyes blink.