7 4

song rec : ps5 (salem, TOMORROW BY TOGETHER)

"munch? munch. janelle." as he shakes the girl's shoulder he nearly laughs aloud when she groans. and with an exaggerated nose scrunch rolls to face away from him. the boy huffs, plopping down next to her. with a hand he begins lightly patting her head in a rhythmic pattern. all around them is silence, nothing but the soft droning of the apartment's heater can be heard. well that and the brunette's soft breaths. as he stares and she still doesn't move he decides to lay down beside her, moving his body near enough to slip beneath one of the many blankets thrown carelessly atop her bed. jungkook takes out his phone, busying himself with several different social media apps - scrolling through feeds and such. when just out the corner of his eye does he notice the weird and sudden movements caused by none other than the sleeping one next to him. facing her entirely he takes account of the deep frown settled on her full lips and dark brows pinched together. but he doesn't make any effort to wake her, rather he sits and watches the girl quietly; until her brown eyes shift from behind closed lids and finally she opens them.

her eyes flutter and after a second or two her gaze pans to the boy with his head rested on a pillow of his own. "you're still here?"

"the fuck you mean- "still here?" it's only been an hour since your ass fell asleep." she blinks before rolling her eyes.

"I just thought you would've left or somethin'"

jungkook raises his eyebrows, a small scoff leaving him soon after, "yea. after I get the information I came for."

janelle pushes up onto her elbows, tilting her head over at the latter. "right but the same goes for you too I hope you know." said boy looks at her confusedly - lips parting and closing again.

"girl I don't have nothin' to tell you." he comments and a thin smile lifts her lips.

"yes yes.. and harry styles ain't got a third nipple"

"but he doe-"

"bitch exactly so you see how those are two motherfuckin' lies- let's be for real now."

and simple as that the pair fell into senseless back and forth about nothing that truly mattered. until they get to the bit that both were the most curious about. interestingly enough, despite the two having been friends for some time, they never quite touched on the subject matter of relationships, situationships and other things similar in nature. it wasn't like it hadn't come up though, rather the two weren't as involved with others the way it may have seemed on the outside looking in. at least not involved in something truly worth mentioning. which brings us to now- here they are sitting across from one another- both with a person or two occupying their minds all while trying to figure out how to confide in the other in a way that makes sense.

"you first." janelle pops and jungkook scoffs with an expression so blatantly stale- almost as if to say 'you thought'.

"are you stupid?"

"hoe-"

"-because I could've sworn your short ass told me to come over because you had something to tell me." the girl just stares blankly at him before slowly raising her middle finger in response.

but eventually she relents with a huff of breath, "fine." and the boy gives her a cheeky grin in return. "you're right.. I am stupid."

" you're not serious. that's the big thing you had to tell me ole' dramatic ass."

"listen junglebigbodybitch. I wasn't done." just looking at the girl, adorned with big bright eyes and pouted lips he doesn't fight the smile that appears on his face. "I say I'm stupid because I so very clearly have something good going for me and yet I feel like the universe is fuckin' me over right now."

"ok wait a minute. what?"

"stupid bitch."

"look if you wanna fight we can do that. cause my gloves is just an elevator ride away while you playin'"

"munch you're not listening-"

"but I am, you're just not making no damn sense."

"I like sunghoon. I think sunghoon kinda likes me. that's good right?-"

"-yes s-"

"-but god fuckin' damnit I also like yeonjun-"

"wait I thought you didn't like him no mo-"

"-and the bitch like me tooooo-"

"-he do?-"

"but he also knows sunghoon likes me-"

"well shit but then how-"

"and that I like sunghoon-"

"-well now wait a minute now I can't-"

"but see he wants me to give sunghoon a chance and well shit I do too but I'm also conflicted because I still like yeonjun and how the fuck is that possibly fair to sunghoon? but then I wonder maybe it's not that big of a deal because what if he don't even really like me the way I think he does so then I'm just overthinking for no reason you know." when janelle's rambling comes to an end, her eyes flit to meet jungkook's. whose gaze looks so far away, so distant it's like the boy has seen a ghost. "this the part where you speak." she cuts in a sing-song tone, tilting her head expectantly. with a hanging mouth and wide eyes the boy swallows. taking a single moment to remain silent.

"......."

"well?" she urges for any sort of reply but the boy says nothing still - only staring back at her.

"......"

her hand raises suddenly slapping at his shoulder. "jeon jungkook."

"shit my bad..! I was trying to find the nice way to say yea you are fucking stupid."

"rot."

"what do you want me to lie to you? you've put yourself in a position where you're going to hurt one of them regardless or better yet with your luck - yourself. when you end up with neither."

she huffs, letting her body fall back, meeting the mattress. "I hate when your ass low-key be making somethin' close to sense."

"listen jae. I could pull some namjoon shit and get all philosophical on your ass, but I rather keep it short and sweet." with her head flat against the bed, she turns it so she can see the other who's already looking down at her.

".. that means."

"-that means get the fuck out your feelings and flip a coin."

a /n:
• this might seem really short and shi maybe it is, but there will be a pt.2 of the hangout with jk n jnl
• i just wanted to get a chpt out cause I have N O T been active... soz