6 8

** song rec : romantic lover (eyedress)

two days. two fucking days until valentine's day, and janelle still hadn't managed to ask either one of the boys out. yeah sure, initially she wanted them to ask her, but not only had hoyeon and sora told her to put her big girl pants on and take initiative- it didn't seem like they intended to anyway. which in a way made the girl hesitant to even ask. she'd spent quite some time with sunghoon since they had a dance project to work on together- and while their friendship certainly improved, the girl couldn't tell if he was actually interested or if she was reading into it. yeonjun on the other hand had changed his whole demeanor towards her since the party. first he was standoffish at times and distant, but now he'd openly flirt with her, sit next to her in the classes they shared, text her on regular occasion BUT and yes there's a but. the boy was just as flirtatious with everyone as he was with her. meaning she refused to find anything special in his comments or gestures. in fact she found it annoying.

and that brings us to now. janelle perched on her bed, thick duvet wrapped securely around her shoulders as she stares down at her phone. she battles with herself trying not to let such a trivial matter upset her. after all, she hasn't known them for long so it wasn't a big deal. more than anything else it was a simple way to see what path she might be headed down- knowing how indecisive she could be with anything involving romance.

she was quickly losing herself to rushing thoughts, saved by the sound of a vibrating phone. she takes it into her hands, eyes lit at the contact name that appears.

the girl answers the call swiftly, a cute smile pulling at her lips

"sup bae" she greets just as the line connects.

"hey lele..! are you busy right now?" the girl can't help but smile even harder upon hearing the new nickname- finding it quite endearing considering her mother also referred to her as 'lele'.

"nah wassup?"

".. was gonna go grocery shopping wanna come with?" janelle hears him ask, but when she doesn't respond immediately the boy continues with a bit of a snort. "- i'm cooking dinner tonight fo-"

"-what time you gone' pick me up?"

she hears him laugh on the other side and chuckles a bit.

"how does 15 sound?"

"great, see you then..!"

"aight' dress warm it's chilly out"

"mkay bye jinjin"

"see ya."

quickly, she shuffles out of her bed, wasting no time in getting ready. jin's cooking all the motivation she needed and not to mention perfect distraction  to take her mind off some things for the moment.

|

to say janelle was exhausted would be an understatement, jin dragged the poor girl to two different grocery stores and even an outdoor market with the complaints that the stores "weren't good for shit" and had "nothing worth feeding to the roaches in jungkooks dorm" although she was tired, the girl did enjoy jin's company. he successfully took her mind off of her valentine's day gripe. at least for a time, before he decided to bring the topic up in conversation as they drove to his and namjoon's shared home.

"so what're your plans for valentines?" the man asked, glancing at the brunette in the passengers seat. with her head propped on her hand she turned her attention away from the window.

"mm.. so you mean to tell me you still haven't figured out what we're doing?"she teased with an eye roll. "you suck."

"girl.. be for real" he replied with a sassy eye roll of his own and she chuckled.

"i really don't know honestly." as she spoke her voice fell a bit flat. and he noticed.

"don't tell me you still haven't figured out which of those dumbasses you like?"

janelle scoffed, "who says i like them? i don't like anyone." her ringed fingers suddenly became so much more interesting given the conversation.

"right. yet you know exactly which 'them' i'm referring to?" he questioned with a small smirk lifting at one side of his mouth. with a peek he could see the clear sneer coming from the latter which only amused him even more.

"why is it so difficult?" she whined and he sighed. there it was. him and the younger had grown quite close over the weeks- neither really able to keep their thoughts to themself when the other asked. "i don't even think they like me- or are even interested for that matter."

"now if you think that" jin began before stopping short with a heavy sigh. she blinked confused.

"what?"

"i see now why you fit in so well with jk and the others." her head tilted in wait for some sort of an explanation- which he gave not a second later. "because you're all dumbasses."

"what the hell?" she snorted, throwing a glare in his direction. eyes on the road ahead the guy shrugged.

"cmon you seriously think they aren't interested. you sound ridiculous jae."

"i can't telllll.."

"i always catch yeon flirting with you-"

"that motherfucker for everybody" she bit, and although she was clearly joking a little voice in the back of the girls head felt it to be true.

"i mean you not wrong.. he stay in the streets.. but maybe you can get him off them..?"

"shut up"

"what about hoon?" janelle shrugged.

"i think i'm overthinking and rushing shit. who needs a valentine anyway- not like i've ever really had one before, no need to start this year."

jin gasped dramatically, one hand leaving the steering wheel to clutch his chest. "you're lying, lele has never had a valentine?!"

"bitch could you look more shocked?"

"i'm genuinely surprised.. you're too cute to not have had a valentine at least once."

".. well"

he cut her off, "demetrius doesn't count"

her lips which had parted in an attempt to speak closed as soon as he said that. ".. neverminddd then"

the man's laughter rang out in the car, with a raised finger she huffed in exasperation. "if i recall correctly your ass is just as single and miserable as i am" with that his laughter was cut short. a frown replacing the bright smile that had just been there. "that's what i fucking thought." she chided.

it was silent for a few seconds when he spoke, "you don't eat."

"wait i'm sorry.. boy you know i ain't mean it.

"im sure jungkooks roaches gone love a free meal"

he hid the smile pricking at his lips as the girl beside him continued to apologize only to give up, offering her fair share of sighs and annoyed eye rolls the rest of the way.