66 x OTB

"Clenched another win!
Warriors are now 3-2 against the Lakers!"

Warriors needed one more to secure the series and become WCF champs. It was monumental after the downfall they had over the last few years but it seems the pieces were all aligned finally. Sometimes you gambled on how good people would actually be together when you owned a business. Whether it was a gym or a professional sports team. Everything looks good on paper but, the real results come from the bench, to the locker room, to practice. It all changes something.

Another swollen foot rub and back massage later, Juan and Cynatra both were exhausted from the day's events. "I gotta ask you something babe."

Cynatra had her eyes closed just to avoid the light from the room but she opened them, to give Juan her attention. "What's up?" Propping on her hand, she was now able to pay attention comfortably.

"You thought about not working for awhile?"

Never crossed Cynatra's mind. She was going to work until she gave birth if she could. But they both knew it wouldn't be a beneficial path. She was already high risk but the stubborn woman had goals of her own she wanted to accomplish, a baby would not step in the way of that.

"No, I haven't."

Juan took a moment to think about the words that would flow from his lips next. He didn't want to upset her but he noticed she was neglecting the little things, that would become big things in her health.

Taking her hand, he kissed her knuckles, "I really think you should take it easy. You're doing well in classes and work but you're always tired. I just want you to be okay."

The softness of his voice appealed to her. She was hard headed and usually chose to go her own route but she was going to take in account Juan's feelings. It didn't mean she would follow his suggestion right away.

He aimlessly rubbed her belly as he laid on his stomach. Juan was too tired to put on his durag which was a bad sign.

"Roro, you gotta put on your durag."

He mumbled something incoherently because he had already fallen asleep. Cynatra lightly placed his arm on the bed where she previously laid. She was going to put it on him herself and then she would be turning the light off. Had he not said something, she would be finishing a quarterly report for Round 1.

His pouty pink lips were on full display as she lifted his head to place the coral durag on it.

How did he find that color? She couldn't tell you but it was fairly new and she liked seeing it against his skin. Even though she felt completely comfortable in her relationship, she still was amazed at the fact that she had the heart of her childhood crush.

"You are so handsome." She blurted while smoothing his brows. "I wonder if our kid is gonna look like you."

Cynatra went to sleep dreaming about how their child would look and if they would have her smile or his complexion. Her attitude or his caring nature. It was always on her mind. She didn't care for it but there would always be gender reveal happening sometime next month depending on the finals. She just wanted a healthy baby.

"Girl, what you over there thinking about?" Richard asked organizing financial paperwork. They were preparing quarterly reports that would require a meeting with the California Board of Health.

"Honestly, I'm thinking about a caramel salted pickle and because it makes absolutely no sense, I am refraining from such."

Richard laughed because he had seen the women in their family go through some intense cravings, and it always seemed to be him running to the store to get the concoction.