31 x The Brokenhearts Club

"She refuses to answer the phone Jordy and I think she placed that jail lock on the door finally."

Ricki sat in the passenger seat of Jordan's car. They were headed to IKEA to find some pieces for Ricki's shop.

"Outside of games and practice, Juan doesn't answer the phone. Klay asked if he wanted to go out to eat with us, the man declined."

"Juan declined food? Oh this is worse than I thought. Cynatra not coming outside is normal. Juan not eating? We gotta wrap this shit up. I'm calling his mother."

Ricki called Patricia, she needed to know where Juan was since he wasn't responding to anyone.

"Hey Titi!"
"Hi Ricki, how are you?"

"I'm okay, how are you?"

"I can almost say the same," Patricia sighed, "but I'm worried about my son."

"We are too. I'm here with Jordan, we wanna check-in on him but he's not answering."

"Hey Ma!"
"Hey Jordan, come over soon I have some food for you."

"Oh that's love, I appreciate it."

"But he's home right now, Arianna just checked his location."

Jaiden knocked on the Allen family door obnoxiously. He refused to leave until Cynatra let him in. He didn't have a key to this mysterious new lock.

"Cynatra Monët Allen, open this gahdamn door!"

After fifteen more minutes of banging, she finally opened the door. Jaiden followed her into the house, locking the door behind them.

"I've been worried sick, don't do that shit no more. And what's this lock?"

"I've been meaning to put it on since the break in."
"You did it yourself?"
"Yes."

She hadn't made any eye contact, that was to be expected though.

"I would've done it for you." He sighed.
"I needed to do something for myself Jaiden."

He sat at the island, "yeah, but no. I could've helped."

"Jai, it's fine." They sat in silence for a full two minutes before she spoke again, "Do you want a sandwich?"

"Yeah, I'll take one."

After making them both sandwiches, they sit on the couch and eat together, watching House of Payne.

"Are you still hosting Christmas?"
"Yeah, that's not changing."

There's a moment is silence again before Jaiden had enough. "Okay, I can't sit here and act like I don't have a bunch of questions and I gave you space but we gotta talk."

"Okay."

"Cyn, are you okay? Like I just need to know."

"No Jaiden, I'm not. Everyday I'm anxious and I physically can't get up to leave the house."

No one had seen Cynatra in two weeks. She hadn't logged in to complete any work, not a meeting either. George and Tammy handled everything. Thankfully when the news broke about Taquan, none of his victims were mentioned but it didn't stop her from feeling uncomfortable in public.

"Why didn't you tell us at all?"

"Because I would have to tell you who did it and I really didn't want to blow that up for anyone."

"Cyn, I don't give a fuck enough about a friendship when the nigga did something unspeakable. He gone rot in jail for that."

"Yeah, at least he's off the streets and not harassing anyone anymore."