63 x Mamba Within

It was halftime and Cynatra had called Avery for the 20th time. She didn't think he was unsafe, which was strange. Her newly gained maternal instincts didn't scream 'DANGER' but she knew damn well nothing good was going on if Avery wasn't at this game.

"You found him?" Cynatra looked up hopefully at Kevin. "I did more than find him. Jaiden already in an argument with security now."

Cynatra didn't care why Avery was late, she needed to know why security was involved. Once she reached where Avery and Jaiden was, she assessed the scene. Antonio looked remorseful as his son looked distraught that he couldn't get into the game.

"What seems to be the problem?" She asks. "They wont let Avery in because his phone is dead and his ticket is on there."

"He has a family pass."

"It's at home in his school bag." Jaiden explained. The heavy sigh that left Cynatra's lips let everyone know that there was something to be said. That was not a woman to play with and they were trying her.

"This young man comes through this entrance every game. His name is on the list and his name is easy to look up in your system with his face beside it. Why are we not letting him in?"

Neither security guard had an answer. Cynatra straightened her jacket as they allowed Avery pass. "Don't let this happen again."

"See you later dad." Avery quickly hugged Antonio over the turnstile before running to catch up with Cynatra. "Thank you so much Cyn!"

"Are you okay?" She asked stopping him in the hallway. Kevin and Jaiden were long gone, taking a trip to the bar because that encounter had Jaiden boiling.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Cyn gave the teen an endearing hug before letting him run ahead. They silently agreed they wouldn't tell Juan about this, at least not until after the game. He was doing fairly well right now, but not as he wished to be doing. Juan had something to prove, not to anyone else but himself.

He was one of those players with a natural talent to the game,  but also had the IQ to know himself and study other players. Juan's energy on the bench was unmatched as well. He had a bright future in the league, one milestone at a time.

Avery wouldn't dare sit as he watched his hero run up and down the court. No one wanted The Bay to lose to Los Angeles. The battle of California rested in this series. During time out Juan was on the bench going over every play the Lakers ran, what could possibly be running through their heads, how could the Warriors be better, faster, stronger? It would be determined in the next time out.

"Y'all have to keep this lead. Don't let you tiredness cause you to lose sight of the goal. We are here to win a series, chase down a championship."

"Ain't that the bitch that's always talking about Juan online?" Mariah asked pointing to Shalissa. Hazel, Sydel and Mychal looked over. "Sure is." Hazel sported a scowl.

"When will she give up?"

"Do y'all think Cyn knows she's here? She really doesn't need that." Sydel added.

She was right, Cynatra did not have time to physically worry about another other than the health and safety of herself and her child. She always had a plan though, that was something they were all learning about her. Granted, Juan handled the issue on social media but Cynatra was going to handle Shalissa herself in due time. She knew her shenanigans were not over which was sickening to think about because it had been about ten years. Their high school reunion was coming up and would be an interesting event in itself. The committee was torn between having it at the school or renting a ballroom for the occasion. Cyn dropped the bug in Mario's ear to making it a weekend full of events, a luncheon, a dance, a fundraising opportunity for the kids. She didn't actually want to be on the committee, but she would help him because he cared and she cared about her friend.