61 x On the Docket

This game in LA wasn't a joke. The Warriors were currently catching fouls left and right. Dray was still out due to injury and it was left to the other forwards to pick up the slack. With Juan in his first year on the team, it wasn't how everything was supposed to go.

Sweat beads on his forehead carved out the emotions splattered on his face. He was pissed. The players and the coaching staff could tell it was getting to him.

"He's drowning out there." Cynatra quickly wiped a stray tear from her eyes. She couldn't help her emotions, it was inevitable. "He's gonna be okay Cyn. They might have to lose this first game. But they'll get it back at home."

If they lost the first game of the series, it would be a long two days. She knew how Juan could get and tomorrow she had to be back in Oakland for court. She wanted to put the break in behind her officially. One case down, one more case to go.

Warriors lost the first game of the series against the Lakers. No one blamed anyone, Juan blamed himself. The shower after the game seemed to be the longest. Cyn decided to join him just so she could get to sleep faster.

They didn't say much to one another. She held onto him as they stood under the shower head. When they finally let go, he helped her wash before getting out.

"Stop beating yourself up Ronel." Cynatra completely understood how it felt to be disappointing to someone or being disappointed in oneself.

"I can't Amor, that shit got me fucked up." She traced the tattoos on his arm and shoulder as he held onto her. She never saw her dad cry outside of two times in life. So being able to see Juan vulnerable with her was different.

"Baby, I promise you it's not the end of the road for you. You're just getting started. The team needs all of its pieces, and they do, they're just using them differently. You gotta be able to adapt without getting mad. Actually, C'non, we going to the couch."

Cyn hopped out of bed first to grab her laptop. She was going to pull up the film from tonight's game, he needed to see it if he was gonna continue to be hard on himself. Juan manspread on the couch as he watched his woman move back and forth between her bag and the tv. Once she connected her HDMI, she opened the file folder Steve shared with the team and coaches.

"Now this is in the 1st quarter, you see how Steph is being doubled teamed because they didn't want him going for the 3? Now look at Klay and then look at Wiggins. They were unprepared for their match ups, and instead of taking control of the spacing, you didn't have the opening and boom you fouled."

He paid close attention to the adjustments the Lakers made for them. He also made note of what he and his teammates did wrong.

"What do you think I should be doing here?" Juan asked as he rewinded a play. "Attack. You're scared to go for the ball, afraid to foul. If you attack first. You don't have to hesitate then rush."

"You're a genius." He kissed all over her face, causing her to giggle. "I know.

"And I love you." He kissed her lips finally.
"I love you too."

Juan kissed her deeply, before separating to allow her to breathe. "That was thank you for the help."

"You lucky I'm tired, boy I would be on your ass." She patted his chest before getting off the couch. "Wait! You ain't gotta do no work, hold on now."

Juan practically chased her down to kiss on her some more. He always wanted her, so it didn't matter when or how, if he could have a crumb, he would feast. "Get back to me in day time or something." Cynatra swatted his hand away.

"I'll leave you alone for now. You ready for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm over this shit." She groaned. "You're gonna win, not even a discussion. What I wanna know is, are you wearing my favorite skirt?"