24 x Part of it All pt. 2

"Dax really loves you." Sydel smiled as Daxon crawled into Cynatra's lap. The ladies sat on Sydel's deck.

"I told you. He knows what's up, this is my baby." She serves him a handful of kisses on his cheek.

"How've you been Cyn?"

Cynatra was currently on cloud 9. Business was going great: the contracts were finalized and renovations would be starting back up tomorrow, she was in the process of recruiting a new trainer and a new coach. The enrollment of members went from 87-92% to 93-96% which was a percentile that only chain gyms reached.

Round 1 was one of one.

She had bonded with the ladies that held Golden State down, spent time with her family and being swept off her feet by her... Juan. Just Juan.

"I promise you I'm feeling great."
"I feel like there's a but." Sydel frowned.

"But, I'm trying to put my finger on what's taking Juan so long to make us official."

Cynatra felt as though everything was going right, communication was on point, they had spent quality time together, and the sex was great.

"To be honest, you're not the only one. I'm sure it's within good reason. He probably wants to make it special."

"Sugar honey iced tea, it ain't gotta be that special." She rolled her eyes.

"Girl be patient. It'll happen soon."

Cynatra had no sense of patience. She wanted what she wanted, and it needed to happen immediately. A small problem, she wasn't even sure if she was ready for a relationship.

You know that idea that because you've never experienced something the "right" way, that there's no other way to experience it? That's where she was currently. That she needed a title to feel like she accomplished something.

In reality, they both were lucky to have one another at that stage in their lives.

"You really want to be his girlfriend?" Sydel asked.

"Yeah? I love him, why wouldn't I?"

"No Cyn, do you want to be Juan's girlfriend, or do you like the idea of it?"

Juan was currently in the weight room, conditioning before practice. There were only a few people with him: Draymond, Gary and Klay.

"What we getting into tonight?" Gary asked, placing his weight down on the rack.

"Y'all tryna get into something?" Draymond chuckled, "I'm down, let's go out."

"This sounds chaotic but I'm with it." Klay nodded.

"I guess I could change my plans and go out." Juan shrugged.

He didn't have definite plans but he told Cynatra he would come over and fix her cabinet in the bathroom.

He could reschedule that, right?

Siri informed him that Cynatra was currently calling. He tapped his AirPods, answering the call.

"Hey beautiful, how you feeling today?"

Gary started mocking him causing Klay and Draymond to laugh.

"I'm good. Are you good? I'm missing you a little more than usual."

Juan and Cynatra hadn't seen each other in almost a week. Their schedules didn't align.

"Damn, I miss you too. I'll be over there later tonight to fix that cabinet."

"Around what time?"

Juan now had a problem. He didn't get out of practice until 7. If he went to her house first to fix the cabinet, he couldn't leave immediately after to go out. Especially after not seeing her all week. But, he didn't want to go out too late with a game tomorrow.