37 x Dr. Seymour's Interlude

"You're sure about this?"
"Yeah, I'm sure Doc. I'm ready to do this."

Tuesday January 4th, a week after her father's birthday and Cynatra would be in the hospital in a white gown.

"I'll have you sign these papers and then we can get you prepped."

A knock at the door shifted her focus. "Hey hey!" Audi greeted. "How's my favorite patient?"

"I'm a little nervous but I'm okay."

Cynatra agreed to the procedure that could possibly change her life. Because of her paranoia, she didn't tell anyone she would be doing this. Only the two people in the room currently knew.

"I'm taking you home after this. And I'll stay with you for the first few hours. You're probably gonna keep it a secret so you can tell everyone your period is on, they'll be cramps and some spotting. Totally believable." Audi stated.

"I appreciate that, you're so sweet."

Juan scanned the market for the items he needed. He planned on surprising Cyn with a romantic dinner.

He called her, but she didn't answer. He called again, not liking that she didn't answer.

"Damn, what is she doing?" He asked going to call Ricki.

"Hello Toscano, what's up?"
"Have you spoken to Cynatra?"

"Umm, no? I assumed she was at work. Let me check her location." Ricki checks the location, seeing that it was unavailable. She didn't want to alarm Juan so she came up with a quick fabrication.

"She's fine Juan, Probably in class on Zoom. You know that virtual bullshit. I don't know how she does it"

"Well, if you talk to her first, let her know I'm looking for her."

"I will."

Ricki ended the call, putting on her shoes. She would check the house first and then search elsewhere.

"Cynatra!" Ricki yelled entering the family home.
"She's upstairs!" Audi yelled from the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Audi girl, how you doing?" Ricki gave her a quick hug.
"I'm good. How are you?"

"Trying to see why this girl's phone is turned off."

"Shit, that's my fault. I was supposed to remind her to turn it back on. But she's laying down, she should still be up."

Ricki watched as Cynatra struggled to get comfortable in bed. "What's wrong with you? Why is your phone off?"

Walking over to help, Ricki hooks her arms under Cyn's legs to place them on the bed.

"I'm cramping bad. I was at the doctors so I had to turn my phone off. Audi came back with me to help me out."

"Well your man is looking for you. He sounded pretty concerned."

Cyn lightly smiled at the fact. She quickly turned on her phone to see messages from various people, having quite a few from Juan.

Roro ❤️
Don't make any plans, I'm coming over tonight to make dinner.

Garlic and herb potatoes or cheddar broccoli potatoes?

Not texting me back is criminal Amor.

I hope they lock you up for your crimes.

Call me back when you get this, I'm actually worried.

She let out the nastiest cackle because he was being absolutely ridiculous.

"Juan Ronel, why would you ever play on my phone like this?" She giggled as he stared at her over FaceTime.