29 x Thankful

Cynatra needed a breather.

The Give Back event was going according to plan. The most unexpected part, the amount of celebrity guests who attended.

LeBron and Savannah lead the pack as they brought everyone and their grandma to the event. Bronny and Bryce were competing in the amateur all-star game.

"I can't believe y'all flew out here for this."

"What you do is amazing. Our boys are the ones who told me about it. Draymond told Bron, which only added to us coming. They told Rich and he called everyone across the country." Savannah gave the run down.

"Also, Ayesha had a team meeting with some WAGS. So you got Damien and his wife, Tobias and his wife. Seth and Callie. Literally everyone is here and it's crazy. Girl, Vanessa just walked in, let me go say hi."

"Wait Vanessa who?" Cynatra followed to where Savannah walked.

Vanessa Bryant.

"Bitch, that's Vanessa Bryant!" Ricki yelled next to Cynatra.
"This cannot be real."

"She's coming over! Act normal." Ricki adjusted herself and Cyn as Vanessa walked over to them.

"Cynatra and Ricki Allen right?"

She got their names right, she knew who was who.

"Ain't no way Mama Mamba knows my name." Ricki gasped.

"I've seen your nail work, I'll come to The Bay for you or fly you to LA. And Cynatra, the business woman I need to speak to. I would like to have a scholarship here from the Mamba and Mambacita Foundation for your little league basketball teams."

Cynatra had no words. There was no way these opportunities were coming to Round 1. James Allen had only been gone for no more than 8 months. This was insane.

"Wow, I'm lost for words. Yes, we'll talk about it soon."

Juan had been in the office. Taking calls from people who wanted to donate to Give Back to Oakland.

"Yeah, I'll get the paperwork to you no later than Tuesday afternoon." He ended the call, soaking it all in.

Steve walked into the office, since the door was open. "Hey, how's it going in here?"

"Just fine, kinda in awe of it."
"Well I know James is proud of you. Don't forget that."

Juan nodded.

"What else is going on, I can see something is off."

"I'm gonna ask Cynatra to be my girlfriend after Thanksgiving. Gives her time to get back into her normal routine, gives me time to get my words right."

Steve eyes perked up, "You didn't have the words together already?"
"Believe it or not, no. I don't want to sound stupid."

"I don't think that's the reason you haven't asked her yet." Steve directed Juan to sit down. "So, what's the reason kid?"

"I don't think she loves me like that."

Steve looked at Juan, part of him felt for the young man and the other part of him thought he was missing a few brain cells.

"You're serious?"
"Yeah."

"Sounds like bullshit to me."

"Damn coach, forreal?" Juan chuckled.

"Yeah, dumbest thing I've heard you say. Probably dumber than the things Gary comes up with or Moody asks."

Which was true.