Chapter 139: Confession

" ": You talking

' ': you thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Cemetery, huh ? No matter how you look at it, this is not the place you'd choose for a confession, isn't it ? That should let the pieces click in place for you."

Kazuma: Can't you at least tell me ? I hate that feeling that there's something off I'm not getting. Like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle, or a button that's been left undone.

"if you're at the point of realizing that, then you have all the pieces already. All that's left is to assemble them. And honestly, even I only have a very vague idea of what's going on. Vanir has the answers, and honestly, it pisses me off too."

Kazuma: ... Duke said this back then... "Now, that's enough talk ! Ice Witch, let's have a duel !" And afterwards, he said this.. "Why ? Isn't that obvious ? It's to demonstrate my power to you and have you give up your current job !"...

"Yep, that's how he proposed to her."

Kazuma: ... Wait, "proposed" ? Hold on a second... That doesn't sound like a proposal at all... Wiz got really frantic after that... if I recall... "Y- You want me to marry you..."... But he never said that... Wiz just assumed it was the case, but Duke definitely didn't say anything about that himself...

"Keep going, Kazuma. You're getting to the point I reached."

Kazuma: I meant, what happened next... "Leave your work to me ! Then, let's do this, you- !" And Wiz teleported at this very instant, so things were left unsettled. That feels off, right ?"

"Well, we'll see about that. I'm kinda curious to see if my intuition is right on that matter..."

Aqua: ... ... hey, Wiz, that Duke guy treated me to a drink yesterday.

Wiz: Eeh ?! W- What do you mean, Aqua-sama ?! Didn't everyone say that he's a sincere and honest man ?

Kazuma: This is just a proposal. It's a simple confession...

"Confession, yes... But the more I think about it, the less likely I'd be to call this a 'Proposal'..."

Aqua: Well, I thought to test if he really is a sincere person. He couldn't resist the invitation of the beautiful me, and we ended up drinking 'till morning. But don't worry, he didn't do anything that could be mistaken for sexual harassment, and I couldn't sense any of the wickedness that constantly hangs around these two.

Wiz: I- Is that so... But I've already decided on my answer, so you don't have to worry, Aqua-sama.

Kazuma: Not only that, but Vanir's attitude is worrisome... "When you respond to that man's feelings, a man will experience delight and merriment to a degree never seen before in this world". Normally you'd think that it means Duke and Wiz will achieve happiness together... But would that devil honestly give out advice that would result in people being happy ?

"Gonna be honest on this one, i'm just as lost as you are... Then again, Vanir seems to genuinely care about Wiz... But I really can't put my finger on *who* would that happiness apply to... Because if I'm right, then I'm gonna laugh my ass off, that's for sure."

Aqua: Oh , Well, it's only natural for any man to fall for my charms, but he did push the erotic darkness aside when she tried to seduce him. He can be said to be pretty sincere based off that.

Wiz: I- Is that so...

Darkness: Hey, Aqua ! Stop using me as a standard for erotic matters !

Megumin: ... Hey, what's wrong with you two ? You seem to be deep in thought ever since we left the shop... You didn't even react to what Aqua said about you...