Chapter 36: Soaked in problems

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

*Axis cult. Hidden in the shadows of the national religion, it has a poor reputation everywhere aside from this city. Even though, their presence is strong. It is said that if you ever meet robbers while traveling, just claiming to be from the Axis cult would make them run away. That's how feared Axis cultists are. Even the Demon King's army is afraid.*

Kazuma: WHO'S IN CHARGE ?! I WANNA TALK !!

Priest: Oh, goodness. Is something the matter ?

Kazuma: Oh, something's the matter all right ! I'm gonna give you a piece of my-

Priest: Are you here for conversion ? Baptism ? Or perhaps for... Me~ ?

Kazuma: Huh ? B- By "Me", do you mean... ?

Priest: Pfffufu, did you think I was serious ? The minute we met ? You should get your head examined.

Kazuma: 'And now I wanna deck her...'

Priest: So what do you want here ? Our high priest, Zesta-sama, is off having fun at playing at evangelizing... Er, I mean, spreading the venerated name of Aqua-sama.

Kazuma: Hang on ! Having fun ?! All that obnoxious stuff is for fun... ?! Forget it... Have you seen a blue-haired Archpriest come by ?

Priest: Indeed. She's hearing confessions at the booth over there.

Kazuma: ... Is that you, Aqua ? There's something I want to tell you. ... Aqua ?

Aqua: Welcome, my lost sheep... Confess your sins to me now. Your goddess will hear you and shall forgive...

Kazuma: I'm not your sheep ! It's me ! Me !! What the hell is going on in this town ?! Do something about your followers !

Aqua: ... "It's me" ? So you con people by pretending to be related to them... Reflect deeply and repent, and Aqua-sama will forgive you...

Kazuma: Hey ! Stop that ! I'm not conning anyone !! Admit it, you're enjoying this, aren't you ? Getting to act like a real priestess for once ?

Aqua: Do you have anything else to confess ? If not, then get o-

Kazuma: Stop playing around and listen to me !! They worship you around here, right ?! Get your followers in line ! For fuck's sake, they even managed to outlast Y/n's fuse !! Last time I saw him he was curled up in a corner of the inn's room !

Aqua: ... Nothing else ? I'll be waiting for the next lost sheep, then.

Kazuma: Gh... YOU OBNOXIOUS ! GET OUT OF THAT STUPID BOX, YOU- !!

Aqua: YOU GET OUT !! IF YOU'RE DONE CONFESSING, THEN GO !! Hmph !

Kazuma: 'Grr ! She's letting all the gratitude from her followers go to her head.' ... Uh... Actually, there is something I honestly want to talk about.

Aqua: Then I'll gladly hear you ! Now, tell me your sins. Is this about your intense interest in your crusader friend's laundry ? Your not-so-secret desire to stick your nose in a certain wizard's black hair ? Or are you feeling guilty for the terrible way you've treated your beautiful and noble Archpriest ?

Kazuma: I carelessly broke a cup my party's priest loves to use for party tricks. I glued it together and put it back.

Aqua: Guh- ?!