Chapter 19: *I'm coming*

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator-Voice-off

Your POV:

"Ahhh... The beauty of winter... The white cloak gently enveloping the hills... That clear ice replacing the running water... That pure, empty sound when the chirping and hustling could be heard... Beautiful... At least when I see it from inside, that is. *Sip*."

Kazuma: Same. I remember you had a very different speech when we were still sleeping in the stables.

"Would it very be a speech when it was just two words ? 'F*ck winter'. Even though, I must say, there is one little thing bothering me with this scenery..."

Kazuma: And what would that be ?

"Someone made a snowman right in front of the mansion, made it to look like me and just planted a bunch of knives in it while writing 'Kill' all around it in the snow."

Kazuma: Any ideas ?

"I have a few, but the hints are really subtle."

Kazuma: Well, on the meantime, help me getting Aqua from hogging the couch for herself !! It's the spot in front of the fireplace, and I need it !!

Aqua: Never !! I'll never surrender my territory to the likes of you NEET's !!

Kazuma: I'm doing some freelance work for the guild in order to clear your debts ! So if you're cold, just go back to your room and hide under your blanket or something !!

Aqua: I don't wanna. Things like blankets become cold when you leave it. If you want me to go back into it, then heat it up in a microwave or something.

Kazuma: Are you stupid ?! There's no such things as a microwave here ! And stop being stubborn, move out of the way ! Who do you think landed us into debt in the first place ?! If you continue to get in my way, don't blame me if I get rough with you !

Aqua: What, you want to fight ? If we're both unarmed, I'll have the advantage with my higher stats ! The place before the fireplace is my holy sanctuary, anyone who invades it will receive divine punishment !

Kazuma: FREEZE !!

Aqua: GYAAAAAAAAAAH !! MY NAPE !!

"Kazuma and Aqua, acting like quirky siblings again... *Sip*"

Darkness: Where did you get that ?

"Oh, that ?"

 "A gift from Paps

"A gift from Paps. But just focus on your game, I think Megumin's doing something shady with your pieces."

Megumin: It's not shady ! I'm teleporting my orc soldier to the field !