Chapter 77: Megumin Von Karma

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: Please have some tea.

Yunyun: Th- Thank you... Um, Aqua-san, this...

Aqua: It might be cheap, but the tea tastes nice, right ? I've been drinking this recently; I bought it with the allowance Kazuma gave me.

'First of, how did you manage to convince Kazuma to give you an allowance ? Second... yeah... Hot water.'

Yunyun: Um... When I was taking a stroll in the park nearby, I found Chomusuke caught and being bullied by kids, so I took it into custody...

"Figures. A fur ball with a pair of wings is the perfect toy for mischievous kids. Is it okay ? It's not moving."

Kazuma: ... Hey, your evil God was chased by a chick, and now it's being bullied by kids.

Megumin: Y- Yunyun, you came at the right time ! It's not a big matter, but the situation's now a little bad !

Yunyun: B- Bad ?! Let me see... The daily serialization comic of Jack Frost's journey. Pen Pal recruitment column ? Hey, Megumin, could you give me this newspaper if you don't need it anymore ? Just giving me the Pen Pal recruitment will be enough.

Megumin: Just what are you looking at ? Here ! Look at this article !

Yunyun: ... Hmm ? W- Wait ! Megumin, this is...

Megumin: Y- You're reacting too much this time, Yunyun ! The article's not that bad !

Yunyun: No, I'm not overreacting at all ! The Evil god Wolbach is the one that was sealed in our village-

Megumin: Shh ! You're too loud !

"... ... I just heard something very interesting right there."

Megumin: You misheard. This girl will say weird things sometimes, that's why she was ostracized in the Crimson Demon Village.

"... ... Yunyun, what is it ? I can't believe that you'd be ostracized by these nutcases because you're weird."

Megumin: Nothing !

Yunyun: W- Wait ! You're the one who's weird, Megumin ! Never mind that, listen to me ! This Evil God Wolbach was sealed in our village in the past. The seal was undone one day and Megumin willfully made that evil god into her familiar behind everyone else's back...

"She WHAT ?! Megumin, would you mind... For ONE SECOND... STOP MAKING MORE GENERALS ANGRY FOR US TO FIGHT ?! SERIOUSLY, BETWEEN YOU AND AQUA, I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE HAS THE RECORD FOR THE MOST GENERALS AFTER US ! DIDN'T THE WHOLE BELDIA ORDEAL TEACH YOU ANYTHING ?!"

Kazuma: ... Leave him be, he'll be at it for a while, I think.

Megumin: N- Now 's not the time ! We need to subjugate the fake one that is proclaimed to be the evil god and making a ruckus in the capital, then pretend nothing happened !

"OH I'LL PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED WHEN I SHIP YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE SOUTH POLE AND LEAVE YOU ON THE ICE CAP WITH NOTHING BUT YOUR DUMB STUPID EXPLOSION TO WARM UP ! I THOUGHT CRIMSON DEMONS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU'VE TAKEN A PAGE FROM AQUA'S BOOK, BY BEING AS DUMB AS A BRICK AS WELL !!"

Kazuma: I swear, all that pent-up aggression... Hey Darkness, use your connections to borrow that magic item which will ring when it detects a lie from the police station.