Chapter 26: Little toady

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Sena: IS SATOU KAZUMA HEEEEERE ?! YOU! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN !!

Kazuma: S- Sena ?! What's it now ? Actually, there's still some time left to prove my innocence.

Sena: Don't play dumb ! So you really were someone from the demon king's army !

"We've been around that point time and time again, and it never ended upright for you. Why don't you just calm down and tell us what's happening ?"

Sena: R- Right... The toads ! The toads who were hibernating, have started crawling around the town ! According to reports, they started moving as if they were afraid of something ! And then I remembered that someone just happened to be firing Explosion magic in the vicinity over several days, threatening the residents !!

"... ... ... IIIIIIIII'm about to rip somebody's eeeeeears~..."

Megumin: PLEASE WAIT !! I was just ordered to do so by Aqua !! Aqua is the main culprit ! AAAAAAAAAAAAAOWTCH !!

Aqua: Megumin, that's unfair !! You were pretty excited about it too !! I shall show you my power !! OWOWOWOWOWOW !!

Kazuma: This isn't the time to be putting up pitiful arguments ! Let's go and clean up what you've done !!

Aqua: NOOOOOOOOOOOO !! I DON'T WANT TO BE EATEN BY TOADS ANYMOOOOOOORE !!

"So these really are toads in the end... Not frogs... Alright, keep baiting this one like that !"

Aqua: NOOOOOOOOO !!

Sena: A- Are you guys always fighting like that... ?

"I mean, you're starting to understand why we'd never be part of the demon king's army."

Sena: Y- Your integrity... ?

"We're way too comically pitifully weak."

Kazuma: But still... The movements of toads here sure doesn't dull even in this cold weather...

Megumin: It's a cruel world, so all living beings must do everything they can. We can't lose to them either.

"You say that... But haven't lost to them already ?"

 Kazuma: Isn't it about time we lend you a hand already ? You've already fired your explosion magic too

Megumin: You can leave that for after you've defeated the toads chasing Aqua. It's warm inside the toads.