Chapter 18: A "Ghost" of a chance...

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: Ah, I'm tired. But man, a warm room and a soft bed... Letting us live in such a nice mansion is something I'm really grateful for. With this, it looks like we'll be able to get through the winter. We can just leave the exorcism to Aqua... They might just unexpectedly leave simply because Aqua is living here...

Aqua: AHHH ?! WAHHHHH !!

Kazuma: Gh ?! Aqua, what happened ?! Are you okay ?!

*SLAM*

Aqua: Boo... Wooo... G- Gazumaaaaaahh !!

Kazuma: ... Why are you cradling an empty sake bottle ? Did you made that scream because you're drunk ? Need me to wake you up with Create Water ?

Aqua: that's not it ! I didn't drink it ! This was my precious and valuable sake ! I was looking forward to enjoying it after my bath ! But it was empty when I returned to my room ! Aaahh !!

Kazuma: ... ... I see. Good night, see you tomorrow.

Aqua: Wait, Kazuma ! A spirit ! This must be the work of an evil spirit ! The wild spirits that congregated here, or the illegitimate child that was bound to this mansion ! It must be either of these two ! I'll make my rounds around the mansion and destroy all the spirits I see !

"Okay, can you two keep it down to a mild roar ?"

Darkness: What's with the ruckus ?

Kazuma: This girl said her sake was taken by evil spirits and wants to exorcise them now. I though about saying, "Why would spirits want to drink sake", but there was too many things to pick apart, so I didn't manage to. I think I'll sleep now, so I'll leave the rest to you.

"I hope you realize all the implications, Kazuma. In any case, I'm going back to Morpheus' realm, so just call if you ever need more... Firepower... *Yawn*..."

"*Snore* ... ... Hah... ? 'Oh, I was asleep... Wait, it's still the middle of the night... Why did I suddenly wake up...'

"... ... ... Okay, so if you can just excuse me..."

*Creeaaaaaaak*

'Okay, so now I'm out of the room... the hallway's looking clear... Guess it's time.'

"Hr- Hm... SPIRIIIIIIIIIIITS !! THERE'S SPIRITS HERE !! I FOUND THE SPIRIT !!"

Darkness: Wh- What ?!