Chapter 94: Gambler

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Iris: Prince Revi, how do you do ? May I have a word with you ?

Revi: ... Now's a bad time, but what do you want to say ? I don't have anything to say to the Belzerg's barbaric princess, alright ?

"... Your majesty, with all due respect, I'd ask for you to talk with a little more reverence. You wouldn't want a diplomatic incident to spark, would you ?"

Iris: O- Onii-sama !

Revi: Wha- ?! You imbecile, you dare say such... Onii-sama ?

Iris: Onii-sama, please don't act so imprudently. I must procure the defense and expedition funding for my nation. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to reward the adventurers for their efforts. Please, even if it's just for my sake, could you endure this ?

"Even if you say that, his attitude is hardly fitting of someone talking to their fiancé. I'll keep it low, but don't expect me to just let him walk all over me."

Revi: Uhhh... ...

"Hr- Hm. My apologies, your highness. As bodyguard of lady Iris, i'm sure you understand I can hardly stay as calm when she is belittled. Not only me, but the Axis cultists and Crimson magic girl are also pretty protective of her, so you should be wary."

Revi: Hie ?! N- No, hm... I said too much as well, so let us consider this as water under the bridge.

'Bingo. I knew he'd be scared of these two.'

Iris: Actually, prince, about the defense and support funding...

Revi: No. I head about it from Ragcraft. My answer has already been decided. Absolutely no.

" 'Talk about being unapproachable' Your highness, if I may... After seeing and hearing it myself, I am fairly convinced the economic situation is far from dire, so may I ask you for your reasons ? After all, if Belzerg loses Elroad's support and ends up being conquered by the Demon King's army, Elroad will surely be next in line."

Revi: You don't need to worry about that. We have already ideas in store. Rather, from today onwards, my nation has no intention of opposing the Demon king's army. Thus, it will be hard to ask for our cooperation even if it's not related to funding or support.

"... Ideas in store... No opposition ? Please tell me this is not what I think it is..."

Iris: That is... ! W- What do you mean ? If that's the case, what will become of the alliance between our nations ?

Revi: We have our own circumstances. We can continue to be allied, but we do not want to incite the demon King army you see ? Ah, also, while we're at it, let's dissolve our engagement. In the first place, my parents decided it on their own. To start with, I didn't want to marry a barbaric Belzerg princess.
Revi the Uncultured Swine: Once I heard that the ladies were stronger than men there, I decided that there was no way I would marry you.

Iris: ... I don't care the slightest about the marriage, but as for your complete refusal to support... !

Revi: It doesn't matter if you show that kind of expression, the answer is still no. if you consider yourself to be a member of royalty, then... Gu- Wa- wait, stop, I can't breath... ! Hey, stop... !

"Iris, while I very much understand your feelings, please do not take matter That much into your own hands..."

Revi: Gu... ! W- What a barbaric girl ! As I thought, I made the right choice by dissolving this engagement. This is enough. Since you're done saying what you need to say, scram !