Chapter 70: Fruits 'n flowers

Yes, I skipped the funny number. What're you gonna do about it, uh ?

 " ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: How unbelievable...

"Took the words right out me mouth. Who would've known festivals here were that fundamentally different from what we're used to ?"

Kazuma: I was talking about how all of this basically cockblocked me...

"Hey, what were you expecting me to do ? Just let Megumin unleash Explosion right in the middle of the city ? If anything gets destroyed during the Festival, it's my head on the way !"

Kazuma: You did get a bit overboard when it came to the swarm of insects.

"I had a lot of pent-up aggression from this entire thing to vent out."

Kazuma: Was this about the knives throwing stall ?

"You mean the one Chara set up, where all dummy targets had a white wig and painted blue eye ?"

Kazuma: How unromantic... All of this.

"You go sleep it off. I've got a few loose ends to tie... And probably a few Axis cultists to confine... "

Kazuma: Yeah... ... ...

'... ... ... Loose ends to tie... And talking armors to deal with. Seriously, Chris, couldn't you have chosen a less fitting time, or asked Kazuma ? I'm not supposed to get out...'

Darkness: Y/n, there's a light in your room. Are you asleep ?

"Not yet... And probably not for some time anyway."

Darkness: Is that so... ? Sorry I came over at night. May I have a moment of your time ?

 "So, what can I help you with ? Did some Axis weirdo set fire to an Eris stall or something ? Or is it about Megumin ?"

Darkness: No, it's not... Uh, it isn't convenient here. May I come in ?

"... You know Aqua will start to spread more rumors if she somehow learns about you visiting me in the middle of the night like that, right ? Can't it wait until tomorrow morning ?"

Darkness: N- Nothing ! It can wait until morning, but... Uh... Lately, everyone's been busy, so we seldom meet even in the house, right ? You, uh... I only apologized to you. I haven't tanked you yet... I was waiting for a chance to be alone with you to thank you properly...

"Haaaa... Again about that Alderp matter ? Look, even if it wasn't like that, I would've found a way to ruin that man's whole career. Besides, Kazuma was the one who provided the money, all I did was steal the spotlight. And in a way... I guess I should thank you, for trying to shoulder our debts on your own initiative..."