Chapter 72: Heavenly Light

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Chris: Seriously, you guys are terrible. Don't bully my friend.

Kazuma: It's not like that, it's just that when I saw all the attention and cheering Darkness was getting, I got the impulse to set her up as a... Super idol or something...

Chris: Whet kind of super idol gets yelled at to strip ?... Even Aegis was messing around like this... You're supposed to be a divine relic of the highest grade, too...

"... I plead guilty... I kinda started this... But hey, at least we caught this thing like we were planning. And one way or another... I suppose this event made the Eris church more popular, too..."

Kazuma: See, isn't that a good thing ?

Chris: This isn't good at all ! Anyway, how are we going to clean up this mess ?!

"I can still hear Darkness beating everyone up with her bare hands back there... ... Maybe we should let her fight without a weapon from now on."

Aegis: This is getting interesting, that girl's tough ! Beauties and brawls are the spice of any festivals, i'm getting pumped too ! Burn, my passion ! Glow, my body ! Alright, I'm joining on this fight !

"You're not getting anywhere. You're made of solid steel, it's unfair for everyone else."

Chris: Don't make this mess any bigger ! Aaaaaagh, Aegis, I'm begging you, please just settle down... Look, after the Demon King is defeated, I won't just grant the hero's wish with my authority as a goddess. I'll grant your wish too, so please...

Aegis: So this kid's talking about being a Goddess again. Listen, girlie, I know goddesses. I've met with them before. Or rather, it was a goddess who gave me to a certain girl. Anyway, let me tell you this: When it comes to goddesses, there isn't a single decent one around.

Chris: What did you saaaaaaay ?!

"I kinda feel like it's wrong, and kinda feel like it's right..."

Kazuma: Yeah... The one who probably gave this armor away is currently in the midst of plotting evil deeds with her cult as we speak...

Chris: You... ! You... ! Ugh, I can't take it anymore ! Before I find a suitable new master for you, I'll seal you away in the lake ! There are other divine relics in there anyways, so you can just keep each other company !

*Klunk*

Aegis: A punch like that won't leave a scratch on my body ! I'm a divine relic, after all ! Haha, you should try harder, little girl !

Chris: AAAAAARGH !!

Crowd: Man, that was hilarious. I guess this was supposed to be a beauty pageant, but all of the famous girls in our town only look nice. Something like this was bound to happen. But you know, for something that straight-laced Eris Church came up with, this was actually kinda fun.

Crowd: Yeah, I guess. But personally, I think we should just let the Axis cult host the festival next year. Those Axis cultists are all idiots, but they sure know how to throw a festival ! Those might be idiots, but they're always so merry. They really are idiots, though.

Chris: ... ... ... ...

crowd: The Eris church really did work hard, but for something like an annual festival it's just better for things to be lively.