Chapter 48: Mage-Killer Killer

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 Sylvia: Hey

Sylvia: Hey... Hey, you... Wake up already !

Kazuma: ... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK !!

Sylvia: Finally.

Kazuma: S- STAY BACK, SYLVIA ! I'LL KILL YOU, I WILL !

Sylvia: just relax. i'm not going to do anything to you. I've given them the slip. I'll let you go now.

Kazuma: You've... Huh ? This place...

Sylvia: You know where we are ? This is the entrance to the storage bunker underneath the village. The one they say has a weapon that could destroy the world.

Kazuma: 'Wait, didn't Megumin bring us here yesterday... ?'

Sylvia: Maybe you can guess why I'm here.

Kazuma: Wait... All those attempted infiltration... Yo wanted to steal the weapon !

Sylvia: Bingo ! There's supposed to be a very powerful magic weapon here, something that embodies the Anti-crimson magic.

Kazuma: Uh... But there's also supposed to be an unbreakable barrier on it.

Sylvia: Yes, but not to worry. Do you know what this is ? It's a "Barrier breaker", my ticket into this vault. It's an especially strong one, even by demon standards. Even a seal placed by the gods themselves would... ... ... ...

Kazuma: ... ... ...

Sylvia: ... Huh ? Wh- What's wrong ? Nothing's happening... I'll try again... Grrr... Come on ! What the hell? My magical tool doesn't work... So does that mean the seal isn't magical ? So what am I supposed to... ?

Kazuma: ... "Ko-nami Command"... ? So are you supposed to input the Konami code ?

Sylvia: What ? Y- YOU CAN READ THESE ANCIENT LETTERS ?!

Kazuma: Ancient what ? It's just regular Japanese... Er, look, this is the language of my country... I think you're supposed to enter the Konami code, a famous cheat code.

 I think you're supposed to enter the Konami code, a famous cheat code