Chapter 66: Divinely annoying relic

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Darkness: ... Ugh. My favorite underwear has been...

"Kazuma, what did you do in her room exactly ?"

Kazuma: Ask her for details. Aqua, I got the festival permit for you, so can you settle the rest ?

Aqua: Of course. There won't be any problems once I get the permit, so leave the rest to me. I have my own plans.

"Hold that thought..."

Kazuma: ... ... ...What are you scribbling ?

"Okay, just remember. See this envelope ? I have written something and put it in it. I'll just leave it on the table and open it back after the festival."

Darkness: Hey, how did you het the festival permit, exactly... ?

Kazuma: Fig- oh, the merchant district said that letting the Eris church and the Axis cult co-host the festival will make it grander than before.

Darkness: The permit was really granted, huh ? How did... ? No. It was you after all. You must've used some underhanded methods, so I won't inquire further. Ah, why'd this happen when I'm acting as lord... ?

Chris: Really, why did you choose that time ? Don't you think it would've been better a bit earlier ?

"This is better, they're all deep asleep at this point. I've been sneaking outside for snacks enough to know this. Perfect time for the siver-haired thieving gang to act."

Chris: For once the nickname's accurate... Also, your disguise...

"What ?"

 "Is there a problem with how I'm dressed ?"

Chris: ... No, nothing. let's hurry.

"Pretty sure this is far easier than the Royal palace, isn't it ? A small noble like that, not even night guards..."

Chris: Keep on looking, we can't let ourselves be seen.

"Right. I've been wondering, aren't you supposed to be a Goddess too ? Don't you have night vision like Aqua ?

Chris: This body's merely a disguise for use in the mortal world. Because I didn't descend directly into the mortal world, oi can't sense devils, undead, and evil. But on the same token, I won't emit divine aura that attracts undead.