Chapter 83: Ultimatum

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: Wait a second ! You can't do it like that ! When constructing a wall, you need to first consolidate the foundation and then create an embankment around it. After that, use the plaster to reinforce the connections. So first, do it like this, and then this. Finally, it should be like this !

Kazuma: Hey, wait a sec, how are you so fast ?! And this quality... ?! What's happening here ?! Since when did you learn such high-level construction skills ?!

Aqua: What are you saying now ? Who do you think I am ? When I told the construction boss 'I have adventurer work to do, so i'm not going to work here anymore", he went down on his hands and knees to beg me to give up working as an adventurer and become a full-time employee !

Kazuma: For real ? ... The construction boss never tried to stop me though...

"You never noticed how fast things were going at that time ? Back there I was basically an entire team by myself, that's where my idea of replacing the whole business came from."

Kazuma: I guess from the perspective of a spectator, her techniques are on the level of a pro... Hey, aren't your skills a bit too perfect ? Do you have some wall-repairing cheat or something ? Also, isn't this drying too fast ?

Aqua: Who do you take Aqua, the Goddess of Water, for ? I can control the water inside this to make it dry faster, you know ? Think back, when it's my turn to wash the clothes, they always dry quickly, right ?

Kazuma: 'That's it, leaving all the chores to her from now on.'

"... That's kinda depressing when you think about it. Just how competent she could be all the time if she wasn't so dumb and could use her skills effectively... Whatever, it'll work."

"... ... ... NORTH WALL !!"

Kazuma: North ?!

*B-TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM*

Kazuma: Right on the mark, excellent ! Yo Repair Chief, it's your time to shine !

 Aqua: Leave it to me ! Everyone, follow me ! Today I'll let you witness the chief's artistry !

Knights: Chief, we'll leave it to you ! Repair Chief !

Darkness: Repair chief, your task today is really important. The fate of the fortress is in your hands... Then, please go ahead.

Aqua: I understand, Commander ! There'll be no problem, I'm the chief after all. Since I am such an impressive chief, there's no way I would lose to that petty evil god !