"There, there—! That one right there. The little shitbag. He denied any request I had to 'respect the family's wishes' even though I was family. That is until I realised that they denied it because Nicole's family didn't want me to dig deeper than was necessary since 'the evidence shows the facts, and you can't argue with facts'." Kate explains to me, shaking her head as I can hear how angry she is. "I don't even know how they found out, I didn't tell anyone that I was investigating but it somehow got found out."Kate adds, looking over at me as she lowers herself down, I look over at her and I notice her looking down at me.

"Are you sure you didn't tell anyone?"

"I'm sure. How did you find out that I was investigating it?"

"School rumour." I answer, my voice longing it out slowly as I try to think back to 4 years ago, it would've been my freshman year of Riverwail High School. "Why?"

"Do you remember who started it?" She asks me, I think for a Moment before shaking my head.

"No, not... not really. Why?"

"Just curious." She confesses, before inhaling softly. "So, what're we gonna do with David the jackass?" She questions, I laugh softly and look at her.

"I don't know, but we should keep an eye on him. Maybe find out some information about him." I inform her, she nods her head.

"Okay, and uh, tomorrow for the dinner, I'm gonna bring you something but... but you can't tell anyone. You can put it in the dissertation or whatever but... don't tell anyone I gave you it, all right?" Kate asks me, sitting up and fiddling with her rings, I rest my hand over hers, seeing her move her eyes to meet mines.

"I promise." I state, wanting to assure her. She nods her head lightly and clears her throat,

"Uh, so, what you got so far?" Kate asks me, looking over at me. "Can I read the logs or whatever they're called?"

"Production logs." I correct her on, noticing her hum softly and her eyebrows raise for a Moment when humming. "And yes, let me get it up for you." I say to her, her waiting patiently as I pull up my dissertation. I show her and turn the computer to her, "Okay, you read that, and can you read it by the desk? I wanna add stuff to my murder wall." I explain to her, she looks at me confused and I point toward the murder wall board.

She looks over and chuckles softly then nods her head, I stand up and she sits in the chair, taking my laptop and moving toward the laptop. She sets it on the desk and begins to read, I head over to my murder wall and begin to inspect what I have. I write down on a post-it note that John left the house at 10:25pm, according to Eva yet to John, he left at 1:21am. I write it down on two different post-it notes, and I place Eva's statement underneath her name as well as her name, doing the same with John.

I'm not going to fully lie, I am a little suspicious of Eva because why would she go back on her word all of a sudden?

Why would all of them go back on their word if they were so keen that he left Ezra's at 1:21am? That's what confuses me a lot because I remember them – at the time – firmly stating that was the time John left Ezra's house. They stated that on Saturday 11th May 2019, then on the Monday, the 13th, they went back on their word. That leaves an opening of the rest of Saturday as the interviews were mid-afternoon and all of Sunday to possibly be... black-mailed?

I don't know. This could all be speculation at this point, but I really need to try stick with something and see if it is right.

"Okay, okay, here, I have a little more information backing what Eva said." I hear Kate inform me, I immediately turn to her, my eyes widening.