25

Location: New York, USA — [Name]'s childhood home
Time: 12:25

" Here you go, Hun." [Name]'s mother said while handing a white puppy to the young girl with bruised and bloody knuckles.
A toothy smile was on the girl's lips as she held her arms out while holding the small puppy with large paws.

Zeus was only 3 months old at the time and much more lazy. He gave kisses to the girl holding him as she let out loud squeals and giggles.

" And remember why you're getting him?" Her mother questioned.
" 'Cuz I'm not gonna tell Daddy!"
" Such a good girl. Mommy's going to go to work now, if you need any help just call a maid, okay?"
" Yes, Mommy!"

That dog was her rock, her home. Every time her parents caught each other and they had screaming matches Zeus would comfort her. Before she got on planes due to her fear of heights Zeus would comfort her. After she was punished by Charles Zeus would comfort her. During an anxiety attack, Zeus would comfort her. When she was having a depressive episode Zeus would push her to get back to life. When she was hung over he spent time with her to try and help her feel better.

Zeus brought people together. He was a big baby that would give the scariest of people cuddles and kisses.

But now... Who knows where he was?

☆彡

" He's gone!" [Name] wailed, tears freefalling from her eyes as she sat on a bench in the middle of a neighborhood near the river. Daniel and Johan didn't know what to do. They have never seen [Name] cry before— well Daniel had but she was absolutely traumatized. Johan was questioning how emotionless the so-called 'fire cracker' was at this moment but if he was alone he would react the same way regarding Eden.

" Um... Excuse me?" A voice called out, making [Name] sniffle and look towards the woman who called out, both men looked the woman's way too and saw another older woman and man behind her.
" You said you were missing a dog?"
" Three." Daniel corrected.
" One white dog this big, another this big, and a golden retriever this big," Johan explained their sizes as [Name] nodded on.
" Could it be that man?"
" The 'bag' general?"
" Bag general?" [Name] questioned hopeful.
" Yep. There's some strange person, he's an old marine." The male stated.
" I've seen him. An old man carrying around a bag." The original woman that called out to them said," I saw him when I was throwing out my trash. He had a bag and he was snooping around. That bag was definitely moving."
" What?! Is it...!" Daniel began but he didn't want to continue his words.
" A... A moment ago I met him... Before I met up with you two... The old man in a marine uniform." Johan spoke shocked.
" Where." [Name] questioned, rubbing her eyes and nose as she stood up.
" Uh... [Name]?" Daniel questioned.
" I can take you there. I know the place. I'm not going in though." The older woman stated as she stood and began showing them there.

The woman took them to the apartment building the man lived at. Stating he was on the top floor.
The moment the group went in and started to go up the stairs they could smell the smell of rotting meat. It made [Name] rush up the stairs to find the man's room but before they could get there was a locked iron door.

" It's locked... I don't think we could get in there..." Daniel began as Johan watched [Name] walk forward and go to the iron door. Johan pulled Daniel to the side as [Name] broke the lock open by pulling it. Then they got into a dark apartment, it was dirty but it wasn't the smell she was looking for. Johan continued though, going to a door with moaning behind it to open it. Behind them though a voice yelled out," Hey you! Stop!"

Inside the room were three dogs that were well-fed and happy, though one was definitely a missing dog.

Johan rushed at the old man, pulling him up by the collar with a dangerous look on his face," Where is Eden."
" He doesn't have them." It made the two men jump before looking at [Name]," He was probably sifting through trash to find the dogs in bags."