Maegor sighs, "None of us wanted it. Even if we did, my father had already made his mind up that his heir would be Mae."

"So you just allowed a little girl to become queen?" Rhaenyra asked in disbelief, "All because you did not want the crown?"

"I know it sounds awful," Maegor replied, "But my father saw something in her. If my father could see it, then so did we. Our father would have killed us if we thought otherwise! And besides we were in no position to usurp our sister's throne!"

A silence falls between them as they both look down, "I am sorry," Maegor apologizes.

"No, there is no reason to apologize," Rhaenyra says, "I am sorry for asking such stupid questions."

"No, you are in the right for asking such questions," Maegor argues, "Looking back on it, I feel terrible for having allowed my little sister's childhood to be taken away from her. My siblings and I were selfish."

"Selfish? Not at all. No one should have to accept the crown if they do not want it," Rhaenyra told him, their situation reminded her of her own. How ever since she was named heir, people have told her left and right that her brother should be heir, even though he had only just been born. Especially now, since he was older.

As a duty to her father, Rhaenyra accepted the title of heir and respected her own father's decision. She was still doing her best to ensure that her birthright was set as well Jacaerys and Luke's.

She was accepting the fact that she was chosen and her father would never change his mind.

"Does your brother want the crown?" Maegor asked.

"I do not know," Rhaenyra responded, "But he is being wrongfully led astray by Queen Alicent to make him believe such awful things about me and my children."

"Alicent?" Maegor asks, his interest is peaked, "What has she said?"

Right when Rhaenyra was going to answer, a soft muttering broke the tension of the room as they both sat and listened.

They both turned their attention to Maekara whose eyelids fluttered, her voice growing louder, and she seemed to want to say something.

"Ra- nira...nira....Nyra," Mae murmured as her eyes tried to open, but she struggled a little.

Rhaenyra gasped as Maegor quickly got up from his seat and rushed to his little sister's side. They both clutched Mae's hand as the queen began to stir awake. Rhaenyra's eyes filled with hope as she heard  the weak voice of Mae whispering, "Rhaenyra?"

"Mae! Can you hear me?" Rhaenyra asked as she moved Mae's hair out of her face.

"Rhaenyra," Mae's eyes suddenly shot open and she sat up, wide awake and alert. She had a panicked look on her face and looked confused.

Rhaenyra quickly embraced her, wrapping her arms tightly around her as Maegor kissed Mae's forehead, grateful that she was okay. It took a second for Mae to realize what was going on as she hugged Rhaenyra back.

The last thing she remembered was seeing the concerned look on Rhaenyra's face and then hitting the ground. Mae's eyes filled with tears, breathing heavily, and Rhaenyra's scent bringing immediate comfort.

Maegor quickly comforted the girl and held her hand, "It is okay, sister. Breathe."

When Rhaenyra pulled away, she cupped Mae's face feeling intense relief, "You scared me."