Arrival

The journey was painfully long for the Maltheons. It took around four days to travel across the Sunset Sea and an extra two weeks to get to King's Landing. Unbeknownst to them, their dragons followed them the whole way to the Crownlands, staying hidden the whole way and never catching the eye of townsfolk or their riders.

They had finally arrived to the Red Keep where they were greeted by carriages and servants.

When a servant tried to grab one of little Maegon's bags, he politely refused, "It is okay. I got it."

"All right, my Prince." The servant excused herself, smiling at him and Maegon beamed at her.

Mikaela held onto her mother, who thanked all of the servants and carefully entered one of the carriages.

She sat in the carriage with her children and Reid who was exhausted. Maegor and Maxine sat with Steffon and Jaeron in the carriage behind them.

She waited until the carriages came to a stop outside of the gates of the Red Keep. There she was met with Ser Harwin, his helmet shining, and a soft smile on his face.

"Ser Harwin." Mae greeted him and put a hand on his arm. He greeted her warmly and greeted the children.

"My Queen. I am here to escort you. You have been summoned." Harwin informs her as Mae raises her brows.

"Summoned by who? We just got here." Mae questioned as she looked up at the tall man they called Ser Breakbones.

"The Princess Rhaenrya," Harwin revealed, as he let out an arm for Mae to take, escorting her to Rhaenyra's apartment, "She has requested I take you straight to her."

"Ah, of course. Then lead the way, Ser," Mae nodded to her children to follow after her. Reid rolled his eyes at Ser Harwin's antics as he carried Maia and held Matthew's hand, heading over to the Princess.

Two of Maekora's Queensguard followed after them, holding onto their swords in case of anything.

The walk to the castle was an interesting one. Banners of green were hanging almost all around the castle and the House Targaryen banners were almost completely gone.

Mae looked around, confused with the sudden color of green decorating the whole castle. Mikaela and Maegon held hands as they followed closely after their mother. Reid was also a little confused with the sudden color change and the very dim mood and ambiance of the Red Keep.

They finally arrived at Rhaenyra's apartment and Mae's heartbeat was so loud, she feared everyone else could hear it.

She could hear the sound of boys laughing inside and it only made her heartbeat race faster and her palms sweaty.

Ser Harwin opened the door and time stands still when Maekora locks eyes with Rhaenyra. A wave of emotions washes over her, leaving both girls momentarily speechless. Rhaenyra's eyes well up with tears as she quickly gets up to embrace her dearest friend. They held onto each other, afraid that this moment would disappear.

Mae pulls back slightly as she holds Rhaenyra's hands tightly. Their eyes meet and they attempt to speak, but their words fail them. Instead, they exchange a knowing smile, understanding that words would not be enough to capture the depth of their emotions.