The Wedding

There was a week left until the Maltheons had to leave for Westeros. Maekora awoke in her bed, Reid snoring next to her.

She had just accepted his proposal to be his wife and for him to be her Prince-consort. They had spent their first night together and she felt immense guilt. Maekora found herself thinking about another person and it was not Reid.

But he was sweet and kind, and he truly cared for her.

Maekora got out of bed and dressed herself in comfortable clothes. Reid woke up to the sound of shuffling and smiled at the sight of Mae stretching in fresh clothes.

"Good morrow, beautiful." Reid said, his voice raspy from sleep.

"Good morrow, handsome." Mae greeted him back, beaming.

Reid got up from the bed, the sheet falling off of him, he was still bare underneath the sheets. He awkwardly looked down and grabbed the sheet to cover himself.

Mae laughed to herself as he wrapped his lower half with the sheet.

"It is all right. Nothing I have not seen before." Mae jests as she walks up to him.

"Still, you are my Queen and it is respectful. I am supposed to be in your service."

"Well, you were," Mae says, a smirk crossing her face, "All night."

Reid chuckled to himself and gave Mae a kiss on the cheek.

"I am happy to have served you, Maekora."

"I am grateful for it." Mae told him, caressing his cheek, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I am meeting my sisters in five minutes."

"Right. I will be in town, meeting with some friends. Summon me if you need anything."

"Of course. All right, I need to go," Mae quickly replied.

Mae left the room, closing the door quietly. Reid sighed happily to himself. He was helplessly wrapped around the Queen's finger.

A Week Later

Maekora and her siblings were packing clothes and necessities into bags they would carry with them on their dragons.

"What is appropriate for a wedding?" Maegor asked Markus, holding up a green tunic.

"Just wear whatever you wore to Maekor's wedding." Markus said, annoyed.

"We are not wearing anything like that, brothers. It is supposed to be formal." Marissa told them, giving each of them a stack of clothes.

"This is formal clothes." Maegor groaned.

"No it is not. Quit acting like a fool and pack them. All of the houses will be dressed nice and formal for the occasion. And so will we." Marissa scolds, smacking him in the head.

"That is absurd. Why can't we just wear a simple tunic?" Markus argues, Maegor agreeing with him.

Maelora rolled her eyes, "Oh yes. For sure. Why don't we all just show up bare and with towels while we are at it."

"Fuck, I was just wondering and asking a simple question," Markus scoffs.

"Well it was a stupid question," Maxine replied.

"And since when were you a part of this conversation." Maegor retorted back at her, slightly teasing her.

"Since just now, you idiot."

The five of them broke out into an argument and continued to bicker. The servants outside of the room shared looks with each other and continued to go on about their day.