Dragon Kings and Queens

Mae and her Queensguard arrived early in the morning when everyone was still waking up from their slumber.

Maegor and Maxine greeted their sister on the beach of Blackwater Bay. They anxiously watched as Ser Richard and Ser Wyatt slid off the back of Maxis and stood behind her as Mae elegantly slid off and walked over to her siblings.

They bowed their heads, greeting each other formally.

And in a split second, they dropped the formalities and were flooding her with questions.

Maegor asked her the most important one, "So what did Prince Daemon want?"

"Stop it! I will address your questions when we head inside. I am exhausted," Mae quickly dismissed as she yawned walking further away ahead of them.

"Way to go, you little shit," Maxine smacked Maegor upside the head.

"Just asking a question," Maegor massages the side of his head as they continue to bicker at each other.

They head inside the castle passing many servants and people roaming about, bowing their heads at the tired queen.

She walked for what seemed like forever until she finally reached her chambers, sitting down on her bed. Maegor and Maxine followed her as they sat on the bed, facing Mae.

"Here, I swiped this for you sister," Maxine says as she hands Mae a piece of bread. Mae frowns at the sight of it.

"Do not tell me you are turning into Lora and stealing from these people," Mae scolded as she stared at the bread in her sister's hand.

"Of course not, sister. What kind of monster do you think I am?" Maxine scowls, "I stole it from Maegor."

"Me?" Maegor quickly turned at his sister.

"Yes you!" Maxine answers, "I found your supply under the bed, you incompetent idiot."

"Well they are good," Maegor shrugs his shoulders and crosses his arms.

"So what I am hearing is that you both are thieves?" Mae sarcastically asks, as she points at the two of them.

"Do you want the bread or not?" Maxine asks one last time as she snatches the bread from Mae's hand.

"Of course I do," Mae grabbed the bread again and took a large bite out of it. She licked her lips, savoring the flavor. These pieces of bread always tasted good especially on empty stomachs.

Just as she was about to tell her siblings about Daemon and his urgent need to speak with Mae, Maegor interrupts.

"So what happened!?" Maegor smacked Mae's arm, nearly pushing her off the bed. She pushes him back as she begins to explain her interaction with Daemon.

"So what I was going to say before I was rudely interrupted," Mae gritted her teeth at her brother, "is that Prince Daemon wanted to ask me about betrothing Maegon and his daughter Baela in efforts of strengthening our houses."

She waits for her siblings reactions as they both scoff and laugh, "That's it? Well that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard all day."

"And I agreed," Mae quickly said as she watched her sibling's faces drop.

Maxine stands from the bed, "What? You did not!"

"I did."

"Are you sure this was not one of Daemon's games at trying to win a throne?"

"No, it was not like that," Mae replied as she sighed and looked down at the floor.

"Then, please enlighten us," Maxine told her sister. She anxiously picked at her fingers, awaiting an explanation.