The God's Eye

King's Landing was in its best shape as the traitor's heads sat on the gates of the city. Prince Jaeron had arrived with the gold of Casterly Rock and valuables that filled the coffers of the Crown once again.

Lady Serra Merrick was on her way home to the Silverock across the Sunset Sea having departed her new ally, Dalton Greyjoy. She would return home to find her mother, Maelora Maltheon, had been the ruling Head of Ashbourne since Maekara had been gone.

Ashbourne was still thriving with the city forces having returned and welcomed warmly for their fighting efforts. Ser Wyatt had brought Johanna Lannnister across the sea and was to be made the lady in waiting for the youngest Maltheon princess.

A Lannister forever serving a Maltheon, as per Jason Lannister's request.

In the Red Keep, the Maltheon children had gathered in their mother's chamber. Mikaela sat opposite her siblings, rubbing her belly that began to swell as weeks passed.

Maegon had grabbed a pitcher of wine, serving himself and his sister. Rhaemont grabs his own cup and raises it for Maegon to serve him some as well.

Maegon is about to pour it before he pulls the pitcher away, "I'm afraid you can't drink yet, Rhaemont."

Rhaemont grins up at his brother, "Why not? I think I deserve it!"

Maegon smiles too, "Perhaps later you shall have your first drink."

"What makes you think this is my first?" Rhaemont asks cheekily and Maegon quirks a brow.

"Oh?" Maegon asks and Rhaemont looks away, grabbing his flask of water instead.

"I'm only joking," Rhaemont dismissed as he went to sit down by Maia, who was reading a history book, specifically of Aegon's Conquest.

Maegon laughs a little as Mikaela pours herself a cup, that the Dragon Prince ends up swiping away from her.

"You can't drink either, sister," Maegon scolds as he puts the cup beside his own, Mikaela frowning.

"That is unfair, brother," Mikaela said as Maegon sat down, grabbing his sword and setting it on his lap.

"It's not my fault you decided to marry and have a child right away," Maegon replied as he traced his finger across the sharp blade of his sword.

"Your turn is coming. And you will have to support Baela when the time comes," Mikaela reminds her brother, "Not to mention, a crown is to decorate your head very..very soon."

"I'm not exactly ready for that either," Maegon says as he drinks from his cup.

"What do you mean? You have been preparing for it your whole life. You are more than ready. Mother made sure of it," Maia muttered as Maegon shook his head.

"I'm just not sure whether the role fits me. Mother was exceptional as Queen. A warrior, intelligent, a great dragon rider. What are the people going to think of me?" Maegon inquired as Maia and Mikaela share looks while Rhaemont entertains himself with the book.

"The people already like you, brother," Maia reminded him.

"Yes, they like me..as their prince," Maegon points out, "I have no interesting qualities. I am nothing. What will happen the second I put on the crown and they realize the truth of me?"

"I don't understand," Maia asked as Rhaemont grabbed the history book out of his sister's lap and ran out of the room. Maegon watches his brother leave as he turns back to his siblings.

"The truth of how I am an illegitimate scared boy hiding under a crown," Maegon shakily told his sisters, "What will happen then?"

"Nothing. Because we are not in Westeros. It does not matter in Ashbourne. And you may be scared...but you are not illegitimate," Mikaela said as Maegon drank from his cup and emptying it.