Rhaenyra Targaryen

The Maltheons all left the throne room where they were escorted to their new chambers.

Maekora was escorted to her room at the farthest end of the hall.

The guard bowed his head and left her at the door.

She walked in where she immediately sat on the bed. Her fingers ran through the silk sheets and she inhaled the smell of flowers which sat on top of the dresser.

It felt right at home, which she missed incredibly. Truthfully, she had no idea what she was going to do here. She came here with one goal: to see the Targaryens. But she was met with disappointment.

Her whole life, her father obsessed over the existence of these people and their dragons.

There was no way she and her siblings were to unite with this family against the "Green Beasts". Whatever that was.

It was all too much and made no sense. She got up from the bed and made her way towards the door where she found a surprise waiting for her.

Princess Rhaenyra now stood in front of her, about to knock on the door.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be a bother, but I just wanted to see how your meeting with my father went."

Maekora chuckled, "It could have been worse."

"Sorry about that. Were you going somewhere?" Rhaenyra asked her as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Um, yes actually. I was going to go see Maxis." Maekora muttered as she locked eyes with Rhaenyra.

"Maxis is your dragon?"

"Yes, she is. I named her after my sister, Maxine," Maekora revealed, "You are welcome to come see her with me."

Even though Rhaenyra had a dragon, Syrax, she wasn't sure how she felt seeing another one much bigger and stronger than her own. Especially from a stranger she just met a few hours ago.

Rhaenyra wore a look of fear she tried to quickly mask. Maekora caught a glimpse of it as she laughed once again.

"Don't worry, Princess. It is entirely your choice. Just putting the option there for you." Maekora said as she closed the door and began to walk past Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra wasn't about to just let her leave and quickly ran to catch up.

"Changed your mind then. Good choice." Maekora beamed as she began to tie her hair into a high bun.

Rhaenyra stared longingly as the young queen put her hair up. Her hair a bright silver just like hers and was blessed with beautiful curls.

Maekora observed the staring as a smile crossed her lips.

Rhaenyra finally realized that she was staring and cleared her throat.

"So, uh, speaking of names. I never caught yours."
the princess pointed out.

"Maekora Maltheon." said Maekora as she continued to walk.

"I assume you are named for your father?" guessed Rhaenyra.

"Yes, I am. My eldest brother and I carry on my father's name. Well, more so my brother."

"That's nice. Your name is beautiful."

The comment made Maekora turn a bright red as she now stopped walking and fully turned to face the princess.

"You know my name, now. What's yours?" asked Maekora.

"My name is Rhaenyra. No others have carried this name." The princess said as looked away from the young queen.

"Good. No other person is worthy enough of having such a wonderful name." admitted Maekora as it was Rhaenyra's turn to blush.

Maekora began to walk again with Rhaenyra struggling to keep up. The princess just couldn't help herself. She could hear the girl talk all day.

"I hear you are a queen." Rhaenyra said as she tried to hide her heavy breathing.

"And I hear you are to be one." replied Maekora.

"Yes, I am. Truthfully I don't know if I am ready for that. It's had me... stressed lately. The people think my brother, Aegon, should sit the throne instead. They'd rather rot then see me rule the kingdoms."

At this, Maekora fully stopped walking and gave Rhaenyra her full attention again. This time grabbing her arms and looking into her eyes.

"Look, Princess. There will always be people that would rather rot than see a woman rule over them. Some think women are too emotional and can't be a leader. Prove them wrong. Show the world who you are and the kind of leader you can be. You are the heir and your people's future queen. It is a final decision and there is nothing they can do about it. We have only just met but I see the potential. You are a true dragon. A true queen."

Rhaenyra takes it all in and her face softens at the hint of a smile threatening to cross Maekora's face.

"You will be great, Princess."

"Thank you, Your Grace." Rhaenyra smiles at the taller girl and they share a laugh.

Maekora could hear that laugh all day and it drew an idea to her head.

"Why don't we do something about that stress, hm?"

"I thought you were going to go see Maxis." Rhaenyra asks confused.

"I am. But I want to make things a little interesting for you. Just to relieve your stress. Do you have a dragon?"

"Yes, her name is Syrax and I would go riding her right now but she doesn't like flying in the rain." Rhaenyra told the girl as she pointed outside.

Maekora's face lightens up at the words.

"IT'S RAINING?!" Maekora screamed in delight as she rushed towards the window.

Rhaenyra laughs at her excitement, "Yes, it rarely does here. But it always looks beautiful when it rains, does it not?"

Maekora turns to Rhaenyra and gives her toothy grin. "It really does look beautiful. And it is perfect."

They continue to stare but Maekora breaks the contact unable to hold it for so long.

"It is also perfect for something I wanna show you,"
Maekora said, "Take me to the highest balcony in the castle."