The Maltheons

After fleeing Valyria and settling in a region just across from Westeros, Maelora and Maegor Maltheon were welcomed by locals and seen as gods. They had two massive dragons and did not look like the average person. So, Maegor would be recognized as the first King to the Realm of the Insane. A Realm known for its dark magic and history to drive anyone mad.

Foreigners and invaders would lose their minds as they often saw and heard things while settling there and would rather be dead than live with the memory of it. It was a mystery as to what would cause this madness.

And so it was nicknamed the Realm of the Insane and the name stuck. Even locals weren't immune to the hauntings and torture of whatever was causing this. But Maegor and Maelora showed no signs of losing touch with reality.

After Maelora and Maegor both refused to follow through with Valyrian tradition to marry each other, they married locals instead . So while Maegor was recognized as King, she was recognized as the Princess.

At this point, they did not care for keeping their Valyrian blood pure and only cared for survival.

With Maegor as King, he wanted the locals to live in prosperity and build a kingdom from scratch in which everyone could thrive and live in. So, the construction of Maegor's castle and by extension the construction of the coastal city, Ashbourne, began.

Everything was finished by the end of that year. House Maltheon rose as powerful dragon lords once again. And the bloodline would continue for decades to come.

But everything changed when a certain family found out about them. And the Maltheons were seen as threats to everything this family knew.

Maegor I Maltheon

Maelora Maltheon