Honor and Tourneys

A few weeks had passed since the three Maltheon children mounted their dragons for the first time. Daemon and his family were still living in Ashbourne, not showing any signs of leaving up until one particular day.

Laena had informed Maekara that they were to leave that morning, and it caught the queen by surprise. She had expected for them to stay a little longer but it seemed that they were ready to go.

"Why don't we pack some food for you?" Mae asked as she walked with Laena to the kitchens. They grabbed all kinds of food that was sure to not spoil, and packed it in a satchel.

While the two women were stocking up on food, Daemon broke the news to Princess Mikaela on his departure, and it was not good. Mikaela hated to admit that she was sad about the Targaryens leaving. She had spent every single day training with Daemon, bonding with Baela, and becoming good friends with Rhaena.

"I am afraid I must get going, Princess," Daemon informed her as he looked down at her, "But you can keep training with your father. I think he would prefer that."

"I understand," Mikaela said as she traced the blade with her finger. She had grown fond of the Prince, despite what everyone said about him. She had even heard something from some gossiping ladies down in the pubs, in the center of town, about what he did to her mother. But she didn't understand what any of it meant.

"Hopefully, the next time I see you, you better be able to beat me in a match," Daemon told her as she grinned at him.

"I will," Mikaela smirked as they both walked to the throne room. They united with everyone that was saying their goodbyes.

Mae kissed Laena's cheek, "I truly wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it if you are going to be traveling with that man."

Laena laughed as Daemon rolled his eyes, grabbing some bags, and walking away from them.

"Thank you for hosting us, Your Grace," Laena replied as she hugged Mae, never wanting to let go. They had truly become the best of friends during her stay and she was starting to regret leaving her.

"It was my pleasure," Mae says as she suddenly lowers her voice, "If you ever need an escape from the world, just hop on Vhagar, and we welcome you back. And we will be happy to help you."

"Are you just saying that because you think Daemon will bore me?" Laena looked at her, as Mae giggled.

"Of course I am," Mae jested as she pushed her hair back, "But seriously, House Maltheon will always be happy to host you again, my Lady."

"Thank you, my Queen," Laena says as they hug once again, and Laena walks over to the children, and Mikaela throws herself at her.

"Please do not go!" Mikaela begged as she hugged Laena tightly, Maia joining the hug.

"I am sorry, Princess," Laena said as she planted a kiss on the crown of her head. She got up and caressed Maia's hair, the little girl clinging on to her leg, "I promise we will see each other again. And when we do, we will ride our dragons together. How does that sound?"

"You promise?" Mikaela asked as she wiped a single year.

"Nyke kivio," Laena smiled as she held Mikaela's hand. Laena whispered a goodbye and tickled her the youngest princess who let out a fit of giggles. She tried her best to distract her and entertain her, she felt bad saying goodbye to the girl.

Maegon and Baela stood in front of each other, waiting for the other to say something.

"I just-"

"I am so-"