One Ride

"I know you told me to not ask but why are we here?" asked Rhaenyra as they now stood at the tallest balcony of the Red Keep.

"Trust me, Princess. This will blow your mind." Maekora told her as she got closer to the railing  where she had a full view of Blackwater Bay.

The rain began to pour faster and the sky began to grow darker but it made Maekora happier. Rhaenyra stayed under a bit of roof by the door to the balcony as she did not want to get wet.

"What's wrong, Princess?" Maekora yelled to her as she noticed her hesitance.

"I do not want to get wet! As wonderful as the weather is, I do not enjoy getting soaked." She yelled back over the sound of the rain hitting the ground.

"Come over here! Or else you will miss the fun!"

"I am content over here thank you very much." said Rhaenyra as she crossed her arms.

Maekora sighed as she walked over to the princess. She looked at her and smiled.

"You told me that you have been stressed. I want to help you relieve yourself of this stress. Consider it a thank you gift for welcoming me and my siblings into your home." 

Rhaenyra looked up at the young queen. Her hair was dripping wet and her violet eyes burned bright in the darkness of the oncoming night. She looked ethereal. She fought the smile that wanted to appear but she lost.

"Now can I show you what we came up here for?" Maekora's voice filled Rhaenyra's ears once again as she nodded.

"Okay, come with me." Maekora grabbed Rhaenyra's hand as she ushered her to the edge.

Rhaenyra's eyes widened as Maekora began to climb the railing.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rhaenyra asked as she pulled on her shirt trying to get her down.

"Showing you something." Maekora quickly responded as she adjusted herself on the railing, standing on the very edge.

"When you said you wanted to show me something, I didn't think you were about to show me your death!" Rhaenyra scolded at the girl but Maekora didn't listen.

"Don't worry, Princess. This is where the fun begins." Maekora whispered as she let go of one hand and adjusted herself more.

"Seven hells." Rhaenyra muttered to herself.

"Well here's to you being the future queen, Rhaenrya!" Maekora yelled as she let go of the railing and fell completely, disappearing from view.

The young dragon queen had fallen from the railing. More like jumped.

Rhaenyra froze in her spot and rushed to the edge where she was met with a strong gust of wind.

She was pushed backwards and heard the laughing of Maekora as she flew overheard  on her dragon, Maxis.

Rhaenyra watched as Maxis flew  towards the water where she dipped her wing slightly and created a large splash. 

Lighting flashed as she saw Maxis began to fly up and higher to the clouds at incredible speed. Maekora holding on tightly to the reins as rain poured into her eyes.

Syrax would have never been able to do that.

"Keligon kesīr" Maekora commanded. (Stop here)

And in a second, Maxis was right in front of Rhaenyra, her wings flapping majestically sending strong waves of wind to her.

Rhaenyra could see now that her scales were a bright green, now wet with rain. She had two long horns protruding from the top of her head and green eyes that glowed in the dark.