The Prince

Mae rushed to Maxis who was laying on a small hill. She hopped off of the horse and ran to grab on to the reins, commanding Maxis to fly.

Reid is left there breathing heavily, watching as the large dragon flew past him. He ran a hand through his hair and began to pray for Maecerys, hoping he was all right.

Maekora loved her brother very much. She cares so much for him despite Mace being older.

His mind was not the same after he discovered his Father in his chambers.

The cruel realities of the world destroyed Prince Maecerys's young mind. He was an innocent man. He loved his siblings and only wanted the best for them.

Mace was strong, kind, and loved. His only weakness was his heart and state of mind.

Mae tearfully flew through the sky as the Islands appeared in the near distance. She landed Maxis on the beach, and was greeted by knights. They were there to escort her to her siblings.

She ran up to them and they all sprinted to where Maecerys lay, in a pool of his own blood. He was on a bed, being looked at maesters. They did nothing but simply look at him and examine his wounds.

His dirty pale hair was now stained with blood. The maesters had taken off his shirt to tend to the wounds faster, but it was no use. Too much blood was pouring out of him.

He was barely alive and clinging on to whatever life he had left.

Maekor jumped at the arrival of his little sister. He painfully watched as the maesters did as much as they could to help him, but it didn't seem like it.

"I am sorry you have to see him like this, sister. I did not want to send a message the way that I did, but I did not know what to do!" Maekor panicked.

"What happened to him?"

"He was stabbed with his own sword!" Maekor revealed, a single tear falling on to his face.

"His own sword? But-"

"They think that he was slain while he was sleeping."

The maester got up from beside Mace, and hesitantly walked over to them.

"His wounds are beyond us.....I am afraid he has lost too much blood, Your Grace."

"You mean-"

"I do not think the Prince will make it through the hour, my Queen."

Maekora's face drops, that was not what she wanted to hear at all. Her brother is supposed to be alive. He cannot die.

The sound of a dragon screeching and crying came from above them. It was Storm. The mount of the Prince. The poor she-dragon felt Maecery's pain and struggle to live through his wounds.

"That is not true. I- I mean surely there must be something we can do for him." Maekora said to him, her voice breaking.

"Sister-"

"No! We have to help him! We can't just do nothing! Maekora yelled, "He cannot die like this!"

She went up to Maecerys and cupped his face with her hand. Blood was now everywhere but Mae did not care.

"Please! Please!" Maekora pleads with the maesters to do something. They all bow their heads, not making eye contact with the grieving girl. There was nothing to be done.

Maekor tried to keep his composure but it was too painful to watch his sister cry and plead for something that was inevitable.

Tears ran down his face until he decided it would be best to get the young Queen out of the room before it got out of hand.