Ser Richard

That night after they had all gone to the Dragonpit, Mae walked the Princess back to her apartment along with her children. They stood outside of her doors as Rhaenyra ushered the boys in and Mae told the kids to follow Ser Richard, who obeyed the command of his Queen, sharing a knowing look with each other.

Rhaenyra stares at them both, feeling the pit of jealousy in her stomach.

She decides to ask Mae something, "Where is Reid? He made quite the scene earlier. I would like to exchange some words with him."

"There is no need for that, Nyra," Mae smiles as she grabbed her hand, rubbing her thumb on the back of it, "I took care of him."

"Took care?" Rhaenyra stared at Mae with a look of concern.

"I did. He deserved it after what he did," Mae bluntly said as she stood proudly leaning on the doorframe.

"I am sure you had a good reason," Rhaenyra says as she stands smiling at Mae, "It is a good thing you dealt with him. Otherwise I would have gotten to him first."

"Really? And why do you say that, Princess?" Mae asked her, a smile creeping onto her face.

"You know why," Rhaenyra gently smacks Mae's hand, looking away, her cheeks turning red.

"I'm afraid I need some clarification."

As they both leaned in, Mae felt a hand tugging on her arm, and it was Jace.

"Will we see each other tomorrow too?" Jace asked, his mouth open wide in a toothy grin.

"You know it, my Prince," Mae replied as she stroked Jace's locks of hair. She could not help but adore the young prince and it already seems as if little Jacaerys has taken a liking to the young Queen.

Rhaenyra raised him right.

Ser Richard came from around the corner, bowing his head at Mae. Rhaenyra turns to the young knight, arching a brow.

"I will see you later, Princess. You as well, Prince Jacaerys," Mae excused herself as she walked with the knight, Jace wishing her a good night and hugging his mother. Rhaenyra watched them go as she ushered her son inside the apartment.

"Everything is taken care of, my Queen. The children are all in bed," Ser Richard informed her as they made the slow walk back to Mae's chambers.

"Thank you, Richard," The corners of Richard's lips rose into a smile.

"I am and will always be in your service, Your Grace," Richard said as he admired his queen from the side, "That includes helping you get rid of that asshole you called a husband. As well as helping with the children."

Mae stops him, "Our children. You helped raise those children better than he ever did."

Richard lets out a short breath, "Do you think things will change when we tell them the truth?"

Mae scoffs immediately dismissing the thought, "No. In fact, I know they will be happy knowing that you are their real father," Mae beams, as she removes Ser Richard's helm, and twists one of his curls on her finger, "That their father is a true man. That he is quite the man to love."

Richard sadly smiled as Mae placed a hand on his cheek, "But you do not love me like that do you?"

"What do you mean?" Mae's brows furrow as she removes her hand from his cheek.

"The times that we have been here to King's Landing, I have caught on to something. Something I have chosen to simply ignore," Richard sighs as he looks down, "You love the Princess."