Allies and Betrayal

"Queen Maekora of House Maltheon, dragon lord of the highest seat in Ashbourne, risen from the blood of Old Valyria, and the Ruler of the Skies."

The announcement of her arrival broke her out of the million thoughts running through her head.

She walked straight ahead, a hand on the sword Truefyre, which was a last minute intimidation tactic suggested by Markus.

Rhaenyra bowed at her arrival to the front of the throne as well as the King and Alicent. Otto simply bowed his head. Viserys and Otto were at conflict ever since he delivered the news of Rhaenyra's "adventure."

The Maltheon siblings all kept their eyes on the King, not even daring to take a look at the Princess standing at the foot of the stairs to the Iron Throne.

Mae took a peek at the Princess who was smiling at her. She immediately looked back at Viserys, who sat comfortably on the chair.

Rhaenyra's face dropped slightly as she realized Maekora did not even smile back or look at her for that matter. None of the Maltheon siblings looked at her, the only one who did was Maecerys, but even then he looked away.

There was no way. They couldn't have found out. If they did, it meant Maekora was aware of Daemon and the brothel situation especially since Maelora had seen her.

Maekora knew.

"It is a pleasure to finally be meeting here, my Queen. Hopefully we can come to an agreement of an alliance."

"Of course. I hope we do." Mae confidently said, a hand on Truefyre, gripping it tightly.

"Well let us get started." Viserys said as he adjusted himself, eyeing the large sword at her side.

"First, I would like to apologize if my proposal for an alliance insulted you before. It was wrong of me to belittle you and the titles that you hold."

"It is no bother now, Your Grace. We understand that we were foreigners and you did not know us. It is quite all right." Maekora assured him.

"Still, it was unfair of me to do such a thing. Which is why we are here. I wanted to formally agree on an alliance between our two kingdoms. We are two Valyrian families, we have dragons, and we hold one of the greatest powers the world has ever known. Our houses are at its greatest height of strength."

"Agreed, Your Grace."

"But I will tell you this."

"Of course, tell me." Maekora says as she looks at Rhaenyra, who was frowning.

"Well, I wanted to let you know that with alliances come marriage pacts, as you might be aware of. Should you have children, then we shall have them betrothed to further unite our houses? The option will stand whenever you and your future children are ready. By extension, if you would like to betroth your children to Rhaenyra's. After all, they would be ruling after her. How does that sound?"

"Let me get this clear. If I were to have a son, and the Princess," Maekora looks to Rhaenyra, "were to have a daughter, the option of betrothing them stands?"

"Yes, and it would still stand if you had a daughter and Rhaenyra, a son. It does not matter the order."

"Right. Our families would be united." Mae confirms as she continues to look at Rhaenyra, not turning away from her.

Rhaenyra refuses to look at her in the eyes, she knew exactly why Maekora was speaking to her and not her father.

"Yes, the children of Rhaenyra and Laenor, would be betrothed with your own. As well as your siblings by extension, if they would like to marry into our family. Further strengthening both of our houses."