Usurper

It was the next morning, cloudy and slightly windy. Mikaela woke up in her bed, feeling refreshed and slightly tired. She turned to Jace who slept peacefully beside her and a smile tugged at her lips.

She stretched her arms, and got up to look outside the window. A bad feeling suddenly overcame her as she stared at Sōna, who lay on the sandy beach of Dragonstone.

Mikaela looked over at Jace, who began to stir awake. She walked over to him, "How was your sleep?"

"Best sleep I have had in ages," Jace muttered, as he rubbed his eyes.

"Hmm. I bet it was," Mikaela jested as she ruffled his hair, planting a kiss on his cheek, and walked over to the bathroom.

They spent the next hour readying themselves before they would go and see their parents. They walked hand in hand with each other where they found Mae and Rhaenyra talking to each other where the Conqueror's war table stood.

Mae looks over at them, "Ah there you two are. Why Breakfast is ready for you when you are." Jace and Mikaela smile at the mention of food.

"Perhaps when you are done we can discuss your traveling arrangements?" Rhaenyra asks them, and she observes the confused look on their faces, "For your honeymoon?"

"Right!" Mikaela exclaimed, as she rubbed Jace's arm, "We will be back to discuss it." The two walk out of the room, and Mae and Rhaenyra smiled at them.

"Hopefully they pick Dorne or something," Mae joked, "It's somewhat closer." Rhaenyra smacked her lover's arm.

"We will allow them to go where they want, that includes across the sea," Rhaenyra said firmly, and Mae playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yes, of course," Mae told her. They continued to talk to one another, enjoying each other's presence, the way they have both wanted to for years.

Unbeknownst to the Maltheons and Targaryens, on one of the loneliest parts of Dragonstone, Prince Matthew was settling on the saddle of his pink she-dragon Drējagon.

He had just fed her some meat he found, and prepped her for a short flight to King's Landing. He was determined to spy on Queen Alicent and the Greens. Since his visit, he has felt that there was more to the story and he made it his mission to find out more.

But he would never have expected what was waiting for him in King's Landing.

Matthew arrived in King's Landing, in Blackwater Bay. He commanded Drējagon to sit and wait for him on the beach, hidden from sight.

The first thing the Prince observed was how quiet the castle was. He quickly made his way to the Red Keep, where he also noticed the amount of guards that were patrolling the grounds. Matthew flipped on his hood and continued to sneak past the patrol guards.

He made his way inside, creeping in. He quickly did his best to run through the crowds of people who had gathered.

"Did you hear that the King may be dead?" A servant whispered to another woman, as Matthew stopped dead in his tracks. His stomach dropped as he walked up to the woman, "Excuse me, what did you say?"

"It is only rumor and speculation," The lady quickly said, "We are awaiting the Queen's word." Matthew slowly nodded. He kept a hand on his sword as he continued to make his way through the Keep.

He continued to pace through the halls when he reached an open room. He sighs, as he takes a break. He takes a few deep breaths, hands on his hips. He looks up to exhale a large breath and is startled when he realized that there was a body hanging above him. Matthew's eyes fill with tears as he realizes who it was.