The Lion's Downfall

At the sight of the opposing army, ruling regent Joanna Lannister barred the gates of Casterly Rock. Her lord husband had already left the Westerlands and she was left to deal with a war at her doorstep.

As the dragons flew overhead burning the surrounding land so that no man could flee the city below Casterly Rock, the Ironborn swarmed the gates trying to pry themselves through. Maegon slid off of Embar, wearing heavy armor and stomped through the crowds.

"Make way for the Prince!" Dalton shouted as Maegon made his way to the gates. He traced his hand on it as he looked up at the grand castle, Joanna Lannister and her family hiding within.

"Lions will always hide from the dragons," Maegon muttered to himself, as he turned to the Ironborn, "Leave them. Let them cower in their pretty castle. They'll have no choice but to simply watch!"

He looked back up at the castle, smiling as some men remained at the gates, taunting the Lannisters inside, and many followed after the Dragon Prince and his family, including Dalton.

Just a few short ways away from Casterly Rock, the Iron Fleet and Ashbourne forces now stood looking at Lannisport.

And with no commands, Perzys roared as he spewed fire on the ships leaving the port. The Prince of Insanity cackled, his eyes darkened with satisfaction as he burned the ships, men screaming as they scurried off the boats.

Prince Jaeron and Prince Markus took to commanding the battle from the skies as they burned more fleeing ships, as Silver Knights united with the Iron warriors and swarmed Lannisport, killing those in their path.

Dalton slew men as he sliced at soldiers and random onlookers, laughing as he did so. Maegon turned back at the large castle in the distance, knowing that whichever Lannister held the seat of the ancestral stronghold was watching the show.

All Joanna Lannister could do was watch as Lannisport was burned and sacked. All night, the ruling regent was tortured in having to hear the sound of things exploding, people's screams echoing in the night, and dragons roaring.

But the trouble would come when the sun would rise that morning.

In Pyke, the bodies of two Ironborn men lay in pools of their own blood as Prince Maegor had escaped his holding cell.

He had already fled on Maelys right after the armies, and watched as the night sky turned orange at the sight of the fires that had spread at the hands of his nephews and brother. He did nothing as he watched from a short distance, his eyes shifting from corner to corner of Lannisport as buildings collapsed and turned to a crisp.

Even with the distance he kept from the sacking, he could not escape the fire that kept spreading so far and close to him

Dalton was in a quarrel with two men, one had him in a chokehold as the other was trying to grab at his legs. He grunted as he grew tired but was quickly released when both men were slain by two quick arrows.