Mercy

Maia and Luke headed to the kitchen for a bowl of stew prepared by the cooks and unexpectedly encountered Ser Erryk, who seemed to be searching for something.

With a raised brow, the Princess greeted him, "Ser Erryk!" He swiftly turned to them, offering a smile, and his gaze settled on Luke with a particular interest.

"Is there something you're searching for, Ser?" Maia inquired, looking up at him.

"I'm looking for the..Queen. I just finished speaking with your father, Rickard," Erryk explained, leaving Luke puzzled. Maia's suspicion grew as she processed the name "Rickard."

Realization dawned on the Princess, and she began to formulate a plan in her mind.

"Isn't it your responsibility to be with my mother, Ser Erryk?" Maia asked as she encircled her arm around Luke, reaching for the small sword he had kept at his waist ever since returning from Storm's End.

"I know, I simply lost track of her, Princess," Arryk fibbed as Maia slowly withdrew the sword from the Prince's scabbard.

"Very well," Maia replied, quickly grabbing the sword and pointing it at him. "If you're going to impersonate your brother, Ser Arryk, at least learn the names of those he's with." Realizing he had been exposed, Arryk panicked slightly.

Luke attempted to reach for the sword in his scabbard but realized that Maia had taken it. Arryk smiled, "You're quite clever." He reached for his sword but was stopped by Ser Erryk, who aimed his own sword at Arryk's throat.

"Surely you won't threaten the Princess, brother?" Erryk asked the Kingsguard, shifting his gaze between the Prince and Princess.

"Run!" He yelled to them as they both made their escape, Maia still clutching the sword. Arryk managed to evade the sword at his throat, and a fierce duel between the twin brothers began.

Maia glanced back one last time as she fled with Lucerys to alert Queen Rhaenyra of the altercation.

The true events that unfolded between the twins remain a mystery.

Some claim the twins engaged in a battle that lasted nearly an hour, but onlookers could only watch helplessly, unable to tell them apart.

One famous account even suggests that in the end, Ser Arryk and Ser Erryk inflicted mortal wounds on each other, dying in each other's arms with tears on their cheeks.

Many have their own versions of the events, but what's known is that the Cargyll twins ultimately slew each other, and everyone left it at that.

Rhaenyra grieved the loss of her loyal Queensguard, who had always stood by her and her cause when she had a visitor. Maxine entered the room and leaned against the doorframe, "Your Grace."

Rhaenyra looked up and offered a smile, "Princess." She patted the space beside her, inviting Maxine to sit.

The crowned Queen held a deep affection for Maekara's sister, and their friendship had grown strong over the years.

"How are you holding up, Rhaenyra?" Maxine asked politely, taking her hand and gently rubbing circles on it.

"I'm doing my best," Rhaenyra sighed. "My council is pressuring me to launch an immediate assault on King's Landing, but I'm unsure if that's the right path."

"Those lords resort to violence because it's the easiest option," Maxine reassured her. "You're striving to maintain peace, even after everything they did, especially to your son." Maxine's words brought tears to Rhaenyra's eyes, as she acknowledged Matthew as Rhaenyra's son, because he truly was.