Easy

A feast was thrown for the young dragon riders in the throne room of the castle. Music loudly played with people drinking, eating, and dancing.

Mae sat drinking wine with her siblings as they exchanged stories with Daemon and Laena, while the children all sat and talked with each other. Maekor sat there silently with Marissa, who both eye the Targaryen prince suspiciously.

"And I almost fell down into the water but Embar was there to save me!" Maegon retold the story as he sat with his own siblings and tried to impress Baela as much as he could. Baela listened intently as Maegon spoke with exhilaration, as he described every single detail.

Matthew and Maia admired their brother as they also listened to his story of nearly falling into the water.

"I cannot wait for the day we can ride Embar and Moondancer together!" Maegon says to Baela, who smiles at him, "Wouldn't that be nice?"

"But Moondancer is still too small," Baela sadly reveals, "I feel it will be a long time before we can do that."

"It's okay," Maegon tells her, "I can wait," Maegon smiles widely at Baela who blushes at him. Mikaela shared a knowing look with Rhaena, who giggled at the pair.

"You do not have to wait for me, Maegon," Baela argues as she ignores the giggles of her sister.

"Of course I do," Maegon replied, "Because you are my friend. And friends wait for each other, no matter how long it takes."

In that tender moment, their betrothal seemed to shed its burdensome weight, now replaced with a growing connection between the two. They had passed formalities and were finally feeling solace in each other as friends. Their parents hoped that there would be a possibility of a future entwined not only by duty, but with genuine affection.

The party died down and everyone had gone to their separate chambers. The children were put to bed and the adults all stayed in the throne room, talking amongst themselves. Everyone except for Maekor and Marissa.

Mae had been drinking heavily with Markus and it had begun to take effect when they both began to laugh at nothing.

Mae laughs uproariously and points to Markus's hair, "Has anyone ever told you that you have got a stupid haircut, brother?"

Markus giggled uncontrollably, "Has anyone ever told you that you have a stupid face?!" Mae held her stomach as they cackled loudly and began to argue over their hair, and whose was the shiniest.

Laughter fills the room as the siblings continue their banter. Laena watches Maekara with a fond smile, thoroughly amused by her playful nature. However, she keeps her amusement to herself, not wanting to interrupt the joyous atmosphere.

As the night wears on, everyone bid their farewells and left the room, leaving only Mae and Daemon behind. Mae swayed slightly in her chair as she mumbled nonsense, making herself laugh.

"Daemon, look, I am flying in the sky," Mae snickered as she swayed her arms side to side, as she pretended to fly in the chair. She snorted as she almost fell over and Daemon had to help her sit back down.

Daemon chuckled and played along, "Indeed you are, Your Grace. Careful not to fly too high."

Maekara's expression turns serious for a moment, as she sipped from her goblet once again, her gaze meeting Daemon's.

Mae lowers her voice, "Daemon, I... I have something to confess. I am in love...." Mae giggled to herself as she downed the last bit of her wine.

Daemon quirks a brow as he leans in, "Really? With who?" He already knew the answer but decided to listen to what Mae had to say.