Chapter 27: Stand your Ground.

Start from the beginning

"And how did you survive for so long, An-ru?" Sean asked.

"Lucky, I guesssssss." An-ru answered. 

"So let me, see if I can recall all of this." Professor Weasley said. "Mr. Cormag and Miss. Sweeting found you in a Poacher Camp, breaking perhaps a dozen school rules in the process, and then saved you before they could kill you?" She asked.

An-ru nodded. 

"Well, in that case." Weasley had turned to Sean and Poppy. And Sean had braced himself for a scolding. "You two are either the most foolish Witch and Wizard I have ever met. Or the bravest." She said kindly. "That was very daring of you. Not many 5th years can take down an army of Poachers and live to tell the tale. And I daresay that I've now had the pleasure of meeting a Lizardfolk. I suppose I should tell Garreth that he was right and the Lizardfolk exist after all. I assumed that they were only a legend." 

"We are very real." An-ru said. 

"And with the destruction of Horntail Hall, the Poachers are out of influence of the Northern Half of the Hogsmeade area, right?" Poppy asked.

"They certainly are." Sean answered. "So, what happens now?" He asked. 

"Professor Weasley." Poppy had went up to Professor Weasley. "Surely the Ministry can do something about the Poachers. This is all the proof we need to take action to stop their influence before it's too late." She begged.

"They've been trying for the longest, Miss. Sweeting." Professor Weasley sighed. "But the Poachers are under Victor Rookwood, and his fingers are all over Ministry Council Members and Wizengamot Judges." 

"And the world just manages to keep getting corrupted." Sean commented. 

"What about, An-ru?" Poppy asked. 

"That is a good question." Weasley answered and looking at An-ru. "For now, he can stay at Hogwarts and away from danger. I will speak to the others about this." She finally decided. Until she stopped to look at An-ru. "How old are you?"  

"What?" An-ru asked.

"How many years old are you, by the way?" Professor Weasley clarrified. 

"Lizardfolk and Human Yearsssss are very different from one another. By Human Yearsssss I would be about... 15, I believe." 

"15?" Sean asked. "That's the same age as I." 

"What a coincidence." An-ru commented.  

"By Merlin! Are you telling me that you were kidnapped as a child?" Weasley asked.

"If you mean Hatchling, then yesssss." An-ru answered. 

"Hm... I wonder..." Professor Weasley said. "Of course... the Headmaster would have to approve it. And of course-" Then she saw the three looking confused. "Oh, nevermind. We should gather the other Professors." She decided. 

All Professors were gathered on the Astronomy Tower. All were astonished as they looked at An-ru. Except for Headmaster Black who had just looked shocked that there was a Lizardfolk right in front of him. 

"Oho!" The voice of Peeves could be heard from over the Professors. "What have we here? A Leaping Lizard?! Leap! Leap! Reap!" He taunted. "Lose his Tail! And he might fail!" 

"Get out of here, Peeves!" Professor Weasley ordered.

Peeves blew a Raspberry and floated away. 

"How remarkable." Professor Fig was the first to say something. "I've never seen anything quite like our Reptilian friend here before."