Chapter 67

With one eye struggling to keep itself open, and then the other, it was almost impossible to take a clear look of the huge brown door in front of her

With one eye struggling to keep itself open, and then the other, it was almost impossible to take a clear look of the huge brown door in front of her. Everything was so blurry at first look, and she could feel her head feel like it was splitting into two with the bad migraine she had.

She shut her eyes for a moment to take it in, placing a hand on her hurting temples like it was going to change anything. She drew a deep breath and opened her eyes again, repeating the same action two or three times until her vision started to get a bit clearer.

There was nothing she could remember, and each time she tried to, the migraine got even worse. One thing she could smell though, were the fresh roses in the vase her eyes had found as it scanned the empty room and settled on the window at the corner, made from really old wood.

She shut her eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath. She started to remember. She could remember the little conversation she had with Ivory, and how she had excused herself to take that phone call. She could remember spotting Kenneth in the car park and how she had tried to get into the first cab she found after she convinced to, and finally, she could remember the man in the face cap and with nose mask on. She could remember how the air in the car had thinned the moment he placed a cloth over her face and how she struggled to free herself from him.

Olivia opened her eyes immediately and took another look at the window, it wasn't like the one in her room, it wasn't like anything she remembered. Where was she?

She sprung up from the wooden bed she was in immediately, and took an even more careful scan around the room. Something wasn't right, she could feel it. There was nothing familiar about the space she was in, she lowered her gaze to the rest of her body and then the bed. The realization that she might have been kidnapped scared her. Besides the splitting headache, and pain she felt in her arms and sides from struggling so much earlier, she felt fine.

She took a deep breath. She didn't understand the situation but she deciding not to let herself be taken easily by them. She didn't know who was behind it but she had an idea, it was no one else than him, Randal.

This had to be it, it had to be one of his old tricks again. He was doing all he could to distract everyone for trial, to buy himself enough time. He wasn't going to hurt her, she knew that for a fact. Randal must have been a monster but there was one thing he never joked with, it was his family, and at that moment, she had one growing inside of her.

She raised her hand to her hurting head once more and rubbed it, trying and fighting to keep her eyes open. She took deep breaths to calm herself. She knew how delicate her situation was for the current situation she was in. She couldn't risk letting her fear get a hold of her. She knew she had to figure out the best way out, the best escape plan so that the moment the opportunity presented itself, she took it.

"Mummy?"

Olivia froze the moment she heard those words, hoping she had not heard them correctly. She turned immediately for the first time to take sight of behind her and gasped the moment she saw Grace sitting there and leaning towards her. Olivia looked at her daughter and could barely recognize her. Grace looked the palest she had ever seen her. Her lips were dry and her eyes looked like they had lost their light. She looked really sick and very scared too.