Chapter 76

He cleared his throat, turning his head to the small statue of a lion made out of white porcelain he had been gifted a few moments ago by the director of the central bank

He cleared his throat, turning his head to the small statue of a lion made out of white porcelain he had been gifted a few moments ago by the director of the central bank. He had thoughts of what-nots crawling into his mind while he made himself even more comfortable in his chair decorated with the most majestic arm rest anyone could ever imagine. He had his bodyguard bended over in front of him, almost as if his buttocks were touching the ground while he did all he could to even up the shine on Randal's shoes. He was cleaning it with so much vigor until he made sure to see his own reflection through it.

Randal raised his head to the door the moment he noticed his Secretary hurry into the office, taking his eyes off his tablet when he had started to approach Randal. That was Randal's queue to know that it was time for his meeting with the Thailand investors scheduled for three PM. It was a wonder how his bodyguard took the hint and got up quickly, bowing in front of him and helping him stand on his feet.

"Sir," his secretary said. "They are waiting for you at the board room."

Randal nodded, stretching his hand so he could be given his walking stick. He tapped it twice on the ground like he was checking if it was still as strong as it was to hold him up, right before he raised his head back to his Secretary.

"How are things at the fishery going?"

The petite man nodded.

"It's going exactly as planned Godfather. We would begin testing for Randal Pharmaceutical by Wednesday as scheduled."

"Very well," he nodded as he began to find his way towards the small stairs that led him down from the platform where his office table was. His stick and left leg first and his right next. He looked satisfied with the news he had received and walked past his secretary who took the initiative to walk behind him right after.

They headed towards the door and then stopped halfway the moment it flung open and Rafael barged in, fists folded, eyes with a glare that left a message immediately. Randal's bodyguard hurried immediately to stop him the moment they could all guess what he was there for, more like who. With the way he glared at Randal, it was really wise for them to seek his protection first, even Randal was worried. He had never seen Rafael that afraid before, not in a long time at least.

"Leave him." He announced to the big body built man that tried to subdue Rafael and stop him from getting any closer. He let Rafael go and bowed to him to show his respect, Rafael didn't need it, he was there for just one thing and he wasn't going to leave anyway until he got it.

He stomped the remaining distance towards Randal until he was standing right in front of him, causing his Secretary to take even more steps backward. Rafael let his eyes settle on his father just as Randal stared at him too.

"And to what do I owe this wholesome visit?" He asked Rafael.

"Did you do it?" Rafael didn't give him the luxury to assume that he was there for anything else. He thought the look on his face made his message loud and clear. "Did you get Austin Silver out of prison? Are you responsible for his actions towards Olivia and Grace?"