Chapter 25

Grace jumped from her seat at the sound of the school's bell

Grace jumped from her seat at the sound of the school's bell. It was break time and she was excited for what was going to happen next. It was all she had anticipated all day and now that the time had come, she just couldn't wait to share her birthday cake Olivia had wrapped in her backpack, with all her friends that couldn't make it to her birthday party just as she and Olivia had planned to.

It was important that Grace was not made to feel like none of her friends could make it to her birthday because their parents had planned not to. Olivia wanted Grace to believe that they weren't able to make it because their excuses were true.

Grace got even more excited after she had got her teacher's permission to go ahead with her adorable plan. She let a huge smile remain on her face each time she walked away from a table after a child took the little plastic bag from her. She had just three left and she had specifically reserved them for three of her friends.

Her smile brightened when she sighted the small round table beside hers with two little girls and a boy, unpacking their lunch in front of them.

"Hello Chris, Hello Diana, hello Damilola." She said as they all raised their head to look at her while she snickered in excitement. "I noticed that you couldn't make it to my party on Friday so I asked my mother to pack some treats from my birthday for you all."

She said and started to drop the plastic bags in front of them one after the other. She saw how one of the girls and the boy picked up their bag and looked into them with excitement on their faces, but their excitement got cut short when the girl in their middle eyed them one after the other causing them to frown and drop their bags back on the table.

"We don't want it." The girl in the middle said as she reached for her bag, standing up on her feet. She threw it on the ground immediately, not caring if she threw it far enough towards Grace or not. Grace bent over quickly to pick it up, she was extremely confused and the look on her face gave the same expression even as she tried to dust off the cake crumbs from the large piece of cake that had fallen on the bare ground.

"My mother said I should never take anything from you."

Grace raised her head to look at her, a frown suddenly covering her entire lips.

"But why Diana? Did I do something wrong?"

The little girl folded her arms on her chest and pouted.

"It's because your mother is a witch, that's what my mother said."

Grace frowned, she took a step towards her and shook her head.

"That's not true. My mother is not a witch."

"Then why is she bothering my god father?" Diana asked her. "He doesn't let me visit anymore because she is trying to do something bad to him, she is trying to send him to a bad and scary place. Only bad people try to hurt other people, good people."