Chapter 58

Ivory let the phone down from her ear after she had hung up and drew a deep breath, hitting it on her palms gently as she turned away from the window she had been standing in front of as she watched the cars that drove into the parking area in fro...

Ivory let the phone down from her ear after she had hung up and drew a deep breath, hitting it on her palms gently as she turned away from the window she had been standing in front of as she watched the cars that drove into the parking area in front of the restaurant. She pushed her gaze on Olivia who still sat still on one of the tables in the middle of the half filled room, checking her wristwatch every ten seconds and then drumming on the table with her fingers in between.

It had been two hours since they had arrived at the restaurant she had agreed to meet with the stranger that had called her. Two hours and she was yet to hear from him even though he had agreed to be at the venue an hour ago.

She was getting really worried, anxious too and Ivory could see it as she found her way to the chair across hers.

"Olivia?" She called for her attention and it made Olivia raise her gaze to her. "Olivia, I don't think he's coming, I don't think he's real."

Olivia let out a weak exhale.

"We can't just come to that conclusion Ivory, we don't know for a fact. He is on his way."

"He said that two hours ago,"

"Maybe something happened to him, maybe he experienced a delay." Olivia frowned. "Maybe Randal caught up with him?" She let her eyes stare deep into Ivory's hoping she had an answer but Ivory didn't. She just shrugged her shoulders. Even herself did not know what was going on.

"This could be a trap Olivia," she went on. "Don't you think it's strange that he suddenly does not want to show up after you told him where we'd be the ones meeting him? What if someone is trying to lure you away from everything to hurt you."

Olivia sighed
She could see things from Ivory's point of view and she understood where she was coming from but she just didn't want to zero the possibility that there was actually a chance for her journey to Lagos to be fruitful and useful to Rafael, to the trial. She needed to have faith, she needed to have hope that this wasn't just a prank, that whoever she had talked to over the phone was honest, and meant every word.

"Rafael and Tony are on their way here, they are really close. They got into town some moments ago." She said and Olivia nodded. It was good news, she was relieved that Rafael was going to be there, she needed him to be there as quickly as possible, just in case. It was the only way she felt safe.

Olivia tried to be brave but she was equally terrified too. She was back to the town that gave her many dreadful memories and she was there alone. She had heard so many infamous stories about Randal's influence in Lagos and ever since she got there, she had barely been able to breathe without checking to see if anyone was watching, if he was watching although it looked like they had come for nothing seeing how Ivory might have been right about the call being a prank. She would have preferred they had just waited home for them.

She turned to the window to could see the clouds from where she sat. It was going to rain, and it was going to rain a lot seeing how the clouds formed and how dark the skies were getting. It was going to be almost impossible to fly back in that weather.