Chapter 57

"Welcome home sir

"Welcome home sir."

Rafael gave the man that stood beside the door a quick tap on his arm the moment he walked into his house with Tony behind him. The way they both fondled with the buttons on their suits as they tried to undo it, you would think they had the longest day at work, they did.

As a matter of fact, the press conferences and meetings Rafael had to attend the whole week was insane and endless, and it was even worse now that there were rumors of how his father had killed his witness speeding like wild fire. Rafael knew that the only way to win over the situation was to get the press to his side before his father did, and Tony was the right man to stand at the forefront.

"Don't you think it's too much security for one house brother?" Tony asked as he watched Rafael lead the way down the hallway, towards the living room area. "The kids must be frightened to have all these strangers in the house, Olivia too."

"I'm doing it for them Tony." Rafael answered. "One can't really be too careful around a man like Randal. You of all people know what he's capable of. I have to protect my family before someone else gets hurt, at least right before I send them all away to safety."

Rafael walked into the living room and Tony followed, narrowing his gaze on Rafael as frown lines covered his forehead. If he had heard Rafael right, he had just admitted to sending everyone away. That had to be a new development because Tony wasn't informed about any of that.

"You're sending them away?"

Rafael walked to the mini bar at the side of the living room and reached for a bottle of scotch and shot glasses. He pulled out a stool and sat in it while Tony stood in front of him, leaning on the bar and hoping for a response. He watched how Rafael filled both glasses and covered the bottle.

"Mnn." Rafael nodded right before he reached for one of the glasses and emptied it in his mouth. His loud exhale of relief followed the loud click sound the glass made as it reached the flat surface of the bar.

"Since when?" Tony asked.

"Since I chose to protect them," Rafael reached for the scotch bottle again. "Since I found that that even my house isn't safe for anyone anymore. I already got tickets, they'd all be leaving soon."

"All of them?" Tony leaned closer to him. "Including Olivia?"

"Mnn."

Tony didn't understand what Rafael meant. Did Olivia really consent to it? The Olivia he knew would never have agreed to what Rafael proposed, he knew that. Tony turned to the bar and let out a weak exhale right before he reached for the other glass on the table and emptied it in his mouth. He too dropped the glass on the table in a thud and let out a relief exhale. The feeling the strong taste made as it went down his throat needed him to take a minute to take it all in.

He turned his head to watch Rafael after he did.

"Did Olivia agree to this?"

Rafael eyed him. It was a question he didn't want to answer especially since it was one that Tony already knew the answer to. He filled his glass again and then filled Tony's.